- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0,75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.
- Thienpont Selection Douro0,75l White€11.10 €9.17Churchill is renowned for its 'White Port' which is refined and semi-sweet with pretty notes of stewed fruits. Drink chilled.
- Thienpont Selection Douro0,75l Red€11.70 €9.67Aged over many years in barrel becoming rich, dry with evolved notes of tobacco, cocoa and hints of blackberry fruits.
- 2010 Haut-MédocThienpont Selection Haut-Médoc0,75l RedBio€15.10 €12.48We tasted a lot samples before discovering this very pretty Haut-Médoc which we have included in our ‘sélection THIENPONT’, our list of favourite Bordeaux appellations. We are delighted by the price and quality of this estate, which is ideally situated between communes of Margaux and Moulis. Organically cultivated with a blend of 53% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, the wine is matured in oak for 1 year. Attractive deep purple colour with hints of violet. The nose, at first restrained, develops with dark fruit and vanilla notes. The palate is supple with a powerful texture, lots of finesse and tightly-knit, fine-grained tannins. Notes of black fruits, imparted by Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot, are nicely balanced and suplemented by the plump roundness of Merlot.
- 2010 Pessac-LéognanThienpont Selection Pessac-Léognan0,75l Red€19.20 €15.87This 2010 Pessac Leognan has a deep garnet colour with a complex nose showing aromas of cassis, blackcurrants and bramble fruit. The palate is round and generous and full-bodied; supple tannins, with moderate structure from oak and a pretty persistence of dark fruit flavours. Long and well-balanced, this wine is full of character and is ready to drink now and will age for a further five years. An easy-drinking wine, perfect for family and business dinners.