- 2015 EgidioBarbera d'Alba DOC0,75l RedNew€9.30 €7.69I have always loved the Barbera grape, younger brother to the great Nebbiolo grape and found that it produces lovely, spicy, wines with great character that can be enjoyed young. This wine, produced by Bosio Vini comes from Santo Stefano Belbo in the heart of the Langhe district of Piedmont. This is a modern style wine with juicy savoury fruit offset by 18 months aging in French oak barrels. Named after the founder of the company, the wine has a rich, purple colour, sweet fruit, good spice and flavours of soft, ripe, sweet plums. It is spicy and long in the finish. Drink with game and roast meats from now for the next five years.
- 2015 LibertaToscana IGT0,75l Red€14.00 €11.57A great value Super Tuscan wine made from a blend of Merlot, Syrah and a small quantity of Sangiovese grapes grown on the Colazzi estate. Libertà is made with grapes from the Collazzi estate. The wine brings out the best of each of these grapes: Merlot's soft tannins, Syrahs spicy richness and the elegant fragrance of Sangiovese. The wine owes its name to a donation that the City of Florence made to eight local families, among which the former owners of Collazzi, who had valiantly fought for the citys freedom. Dark coloured with soft, red fruit flavours, round and ripe on the palate with sweet tannins and good balance. This is a rich and spicy wine without being overpowering which matches well with pasta, tomato sauce, meats and cheeses. Drink : 2017-2019.
- 2016 LibertaToscana IGT0,75l Red€14.10 €11.65A great value Super Tuscan wine made from a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and a small quantity of Sangiovese grapes grown on the Colazzi estate. The wine brings out the best of each of these grapes: Merlot's soft tannins, fresh, red fruit aroma’s from the Cabernet Franc, Syrah’s spicy richness and the elegant fragrance of Sangiovese. The wine owes its name to a donation that the City of Florence made to eight local families, among which the former owners of Collazzi, who had valiantly fought for the city’s freedom. Dark, violet coloured with soft, ripe red fruit flavours, attractive and fresh on the palate with sweet tannins and good balance. As the vineyard grows older, the wine becomes richer and more expressive giving it a lot of personality. Matches well with pasta, tomato sauce, meats and cheeses.
- 2015 I BastioniChianti Classico0,75l RedNew€15.29 €12.64Produced on the Collazzi estate just above Florence and grown in the south-western facing amphitheatre of well-drained gravel soils, this is a classic Chianti with great flavours of dark cherries and plums characteristic of the Sangiovese grape. There is freshness and spice from Sangiovese balanced by small amounts of Merlot and Malvasia Nera to round out the wine. Aged for 12 months in used oak, this is a lovely, juicy Chianti to drink young and pair with classic Italian dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, pizza and meatballs in tomato sauce. Drink now for next 2-3 years.
- 2011 CollazziToscana IGT0,75l Red€32.25 €26.65A soft, fruity wine with a good tannic structure which is almost ready to drink now. It is elegant and rich with a lovely deep ruby-garnet colour. A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot, the nose is open and enticing, with notes of ripe fruit and cedar oak. The palate is round, rich and very smooth. Made in the Bordeaux style with a Tuscan exhuberance.
- 2015 CollazziToscana IGT0,75l Red€35.01 €28.93The flagship of the Collazzi estate, this super Tuscan wine is produced from a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot with small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot; a typical « Bordeaux Blend » but with ripe fruit, elegance and lots of Tuscan warmth and spice. 2015 was a great year and this wine has really beautiful balance and freshness. A great favourite of our team, this is a beautiful wine with flavours of dark ripe plums and blackberries, balsamic notes and fine oak. Serve with meat dishes or aged cheese. Drink now for the next 5 years.