This page was last modified on 7/11/2017.
We are aware of your trust in us. Therefore we consider it our responsibility to protect your privacy. On this page we will let you know what information we collect when you are using our website or services, why we collect this data and how we use it to improve your user experience.
In concrete terms this means that:
- Your personal data will only be collected and processed for the purposes described below;
- You have the right to consult your personal information to check its accuracy and correct any errors. To do this, you can contact the person responsible for processing the personal data, whose details are listed below.
- Thienpont Wine undertakes the necessary steps to protect your personal information so that third parties cannot abuse the personal information you have provided us.
Use of collected data
When you come to the website, different techniques are used to track who visits the website, how this visitor behaves on the website and which pages are visited. This is a common way of working for websites because it provides information that contributes to the quality of the user experience.
To this end, the servers consulted will automatically collect the following data:
- The IP address you were assigned during your connection;
- the date and the hour on which you consulted the website;
- the pages consulted;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and / or operating system installed on your computer;
- The search engine and the keywords used to find the website.
This information is only kept to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of the website and to make improvements. That way, Thienpont Wine can, for example, retrieve and resolve connection issues, configure the platform, plan network capacity, optimize the sitemap, etc. This information is anonymous and is not linked to other personal information.
We collect data for research to gain a better understanding of our customers, so we can tailor our services to it.
This website therefore uses "cookies". The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website may be transferred to proprietary Thienpont Wine servers or third party. We use this information to track how visitors use the website, set up website activity reports, and provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage.
Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not work properly if cookies are disabled in your browser. You will find more information about these features on the website of your browser's provider or at www.allaboutcookies.org.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a website on your computer's Internet browser. This "cookie" can be retrieved on the same website during a subsequent visit. The "cookie" can only be read by the website that it has created. The website uses "cookies" for administrative purposes, for example, to register your preference for a particular type of information, which means that you do not have to add the same information on each visit to our website.
Most "cookies" are only active during a session or visit. No "cookie" contains information that allows you to be contacted by phone, mail or e-mail.
The website uses:
- Third-party cookies: We use a variety of widely used third-party plug-ins as marketing tools for our own business and to provide convenience devices for our visitors. We believe that the use of these plugins is the current 'best practice'. Third-party cookies are cookies created by an external service when you use a page on our website. These cookies are specific to the third-party domain and therefore the data stored therein can be viewed and managed by the third and not by us. We verify that we use a third party service on our website and we manage how it is integrated and presented on our website. We do not control its cookies ourselves.
When you sign up for one of our services (newsletter, webshop, ...), we ask you to provide personal information. This includes the name, address, contact details (tel / mobile / e-mail), login information, purchased products. This data is used to perform the service. We will not combine this information with other personal information we have.
When you send us email or other messages, we may keep these messages. Sometimes we ask you for your personal information relevant to the particular situation. This allows you to process your questions and us to answer your requests. The data is stored on Thienpont Wine's own secure servers or third-party servers. We will not combine this information with other personal information we have.
The data collected is owned by Thienpont Wines. The information collected is used to provide and improve service to customers and visitors.
The information is not shared with third parties (except for any storage purposes as described above). In order to ensure the service, it may be necessary for the information to be shared internally with the employees of Thienpont Wine. Our employees are required to respect the confidentiality of your data.
This privacy statement is geared to the use of and the features on this site. Any changes and / or changes to this site may result in changes to this privacy statement. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis.
We provide all visitors or users of services with the ability to view, modify, or delete any personal information provided to us at any given time. If you want to see your details, adjust or remove yourself from our files, please contact us. See the contact details below.
At the bottom of each mailing you will find the option to customize your data or to unsubscribe.
Questions and feedback
J. Thienpont bvba