- Epicure Rouge Ventoux0.75l RedBio€10.70 €8.84Luc Guénard is very proud of the 2015 vintage and especially the expression of the Grenache fruit which is evident in the bright, juicy fruit and white flower aromas. There is great purity and balance here and Luc’s natural winemaking is leading to less and less treatments and use of sulphur. We love this wine for its natural, fresh flavours and its ripe fruit, brimming with character and richness. Produced from vines that are more than 55 years old, grown on the southern slopes of Mount Ventoux but facing north-west and cooled by constant breezes, this wine is a blend of 60% Grenache, 25% Carignan and 15% Syrah. Excellent value, this organic wine just keeps getting better and better.
- La Spéciale Ventoux0.75l RedBio€17.19 €14.21Situated in the town of St Pierre de Vassols, at an altitude of 250 metres, on north-west hillsides, facing the Dentelles de Montmirail, this tiny production wine is made from very old Carignan vines that are tended with great respect. It is aged in 400 litre oak barrels. The colour is a deep garnet red, on the nose the wine is rich and spicy with toasty aromas and notes of balsamic, vanilla and dark chocolate. In the palate there is great freshness and lift, with lots of dark, plummy fruit interwoven with caramel and coffee. A wine for lovers of old vines.
- La Spéciale Ventoux0.75l RedBio€17.19 €14.21Produced from pure Carignan goblet trained vines planted around 1936, this is a very expressive nose which tastes of the wild landscape where it is grown. There is lots of spice in the nose, plums, sloes and wild flowers. On the palate the wine shows its organic roots with pure flavours, great acidity, some balsamic notes, spicy and soft with echoes of wild blossom and honey in the finish. A fascinating wine with lots of character.
- La Spéciale Ventoux0.75l RedBio€17.19 €14.21Situated in the town of St Pierre de Vassols, at an altitude of 250 metres, on north-west hillsides, facing the Dentelles de Montmirail, this tiny production wine is made from very old Carignan vines, planted in 1936, that are tended with great respect with a little Grenache (6%) added for freshness. It is aged in 400 litre oak barrels that have already aged wines for four or so years. The colour is a deep garnet red, on the nose the wine is rich and spicy with toasty aromas and notes of balsamic, vanilla and dark chocolate. In the palate there is great freshness and purity with lots of dark, plummy fruit interwoven with freshly ground black pepper and Asian spices. With tiny yields, this is a very intense, delicious wine especially for lovers of old vines.
- Grande Serène Ventoux0.75l RedBio€36.80 €30.41Another of Luc Guénard’s reserve wines produced in small quantities, this year 3,000 bottles were made. Serine is an old name for the Syrah grape and is especially used in the northern Rhone appellation of “Côte Rôtie” and the wine is a play on that association. Old vines oriented towards the north east and a cold wind that blows down from Mount Ventoux around 5:00 am every morning, account for the incredible freshness in this wine. The flavours of this wine combine autumn fruits, wild hedgerow scents, beautifully integrated oak and an abiding acidity make this a perfectly pitched wine between power and elegance. It will age well for at least another ten years and is great served with red meats cooked on the open fire or barbeque.