View as List Grid
Items 10-18 of 22
- 2013 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€49.20 €40.66Expressive and fruity on the nose with notes of cassis, prunes and a touch of cedar. Open and fruit at the start, the wine develops a more austere character on the palate. The finish is fresh with a lovely persistence. Very well-made.
- 2014 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€54.00 €44.63A blend of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, this very expressive wine with aromas of black cherry, lavender and violet in the nose is followed by a richer and darker palate with supple tannins and a good freshness. A touch of minerality on the finish. One of our favourites which always gives lots of pleasure.
- 2011 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€60.40 €49.92Very deep cherry-black colour, intense and rich on the nose with aromas of cherry, cassis and prunes. Quite spicy at the start with oaky note and pretty freshness on the mid-palate. Good fruit concentration in the mouth. An appealling wine, to be drunk young.
- 2015 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€62.56 €51.70De familie Cazes van Lynch Bages maakt deze aantrekkelijke Cru Bourgeois waarvan het eveneens de eigenaar is. Deze wijn is een traditionele Bordeaux met een goede blend van Cabernet fruit (met aroma's van cassis, pruim en zwarte kers) die mooi verweven zijn met de diepere tonen van ceder, mineralen, aarde en zoethout. Gemakkelijker te drinken en zachter van textuur dan bij de vorige jaargangen. Deze wijn zal perfect op dronk zijn op korte tot middellange termijn met het fruit steeds op de voorgrond.
- 2016 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€63.45 €52.44Across the board, the wines from St. Estèphe are a success this year, benefitting from the long growing season. One of the leading cru bourgeois of the appellation, this Cazes-owned wine is really attractive. Dark intense colour, creamy and soft in the nose with lots of dark berried fruit, sweet on the attack, full and fresh, lovely roundness, lots of fruit which mixes well with the tannins.
- 2014 Château Lynch‑BagesPauillac5ième Grand Cru Classé 0.75l Red€89.50 €73.97One of the successes of the vintage, universally praised for its opening price. This is a big wine with lots of fragrance and ripe black fruit character - very Pauillac. Fine flavours of blackcurrant, leather and cedar leads to dense oak and tannin. Impressive.
- 2011 Château Lynch‑BagesPauillac5ième Grand Cru Classé 0.75l Red€96.20 €79.50A pretty bright purple colour with notes of raspberry and lemon tart on the nose. The palate is plump, smooth and lots of fresh acidity. A nicely angular tannic structure. A classic Lynch Bages with very long ageing potential.
- 2017 Château Lynch‑BagesPauillac5ième Grand Cru Classé 0.75l RedNew€105.00 €86.78Yet again, an impressive showing for Lynch Bages. Dark intense colour, lovely fresh friuty aromas of cedar, cassis and blackberries, typical of the estate; warm, soft and spicy on the nose, very attractive with impressive purity and balance. For the moment, it is a bit oaky but this a lovely wine, elegant and long in the finish. Should drink well for 20 years or so.
- 2015 Château Lynch‑BagesPauillac5ième Grand Cru Classé 0.75l Red€118.45 €97.89One of our most demanded and most successful wines which is regarded as a great Bordeaux investment. The Cabernet always shines in this wine and here it makes up 70% of the blend. Jean-Charles Cazes is delighted with this vintage which shows pure blackcurrant fruit, spice, cedar and liquorice. On the palate the wine is firm but ripe and there is a smooth, velvety structure which leads to a long, structured finish.