Catalog Advanced Search
95 items were found using the following search criteria
- Region: Bourgogne
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 95
- 2018 Famille PaquetLes Charmes Mâcon Lugny0.75l White€10.45 €8.64The talented Paquet family is making a name for itself in the white wine appellations of the southern Rhône. Brother to Mathieu and son of Michel Paquet of Domaine des Valanges, Camille is the winemaker of the family. He believes in making his wines as naturally as possible using indigineous yeasts, no chemicals and using barrels that are always two or three years old so that the oak will not interfere with the beautiful fruit flavours. 2018 was a great vintage and the wine has attractive, open fresh fruity flavours on the nose, a touch of sweet fruit, some spice, aromas of peach stones and pears with a mango note at the end of the palate. Lovely to drink now, this is a very balanced Macon with lots of flavour to accompany seafood, smoked salmon and grilled fish.
- 2017 Famille PaquetLe Mont Mâcon-Solutré-Pouilly0.75l White€12.85 €10.62This is a very small parcel of one third of a hectare that the Paquet family managed to take over in 2015. They have made this wine their own with its very bright, sunny character and fruity flavours of ripe Chardonnay encompassing fresh pears, melon, summer blossom and a spiciness on the finish. The wine is aged on its lees for just over a year which gives the wine a pretty, honeyed, round flavour. Well focused where freshness and richness meet and blend well together.
- Chablis Village0.75l White€13.20 €10.91This is a super Chablis, inspite of the hail which ravaged the region. Very good aromas of pear, zest, citrus and chalky limestone. On the palate the wine seems sweet and fruity and then becomes more serious with more structure, citrus flavours and good body. Very bright and vivacious, this is an attractive wine with very good balance and persistence.
- 2018 Famille PaquetSaint-Véran0.75l WhiteNew€13.39 €11.07This was the first wine we bought from the Paquets at their Domaine des Valanges and it remains a favourite. Attractive and fruity with notes of pears, apples, melon, orchard flowers and a lovely mineral spiciness on the palate. Rich and quite full on the palate, this is a lovely Chardonnay with pure character and verve. Lovely wine at a very good price.
- 2016 Domaine des ValangesEn crèches, Hors Classe Saint-Véran0.75l White€15.50 €12.81This domain is going from strength to strength and the family is constantly looking for and finding great parcels of vineyards around the small winegrowing village of Davayé nestled at the foot of the Solutré Rock. New cellars, new vineyards and ambitious winemaking have resulted in some super wines. The “En Crèches” parcel faces south east, is sheltered from the north wind, has clay and fossilized limestone soils and lies at an altitude of 250 metres: a superb microclimate. The Chardonnay vines are over 60 years old and produce a fabulous wine with great minerality and tension. There is depth on the palate with honey, oatmeal, good oak and lots of vivacity. Unfortunately hailstorms in April destroyed much of the 2016 crop so there is less of this wine than usual so it is well worth reserving a few bottles for drinking for the next few years.
- Vieilles Vignes Pouilly-Fuissé0.75l White€18.69 €15.45This is the domaine's flagship wine and is produced from its oldest vines (75 years old) grown on the best climats in Fuissé. It undergoes very long fermentations, a proportion of which are in barrel, and has notes of honey, almond and orchard fruits, a very pretty persistence and beautifully fresh Chardonnay characteristics. We have quite a struggle to get hold of this wine, as it is much prized around the world for its beautiful Burgundian character and lovely persistent finish. A perfect match for fish, poultry and cheeses such as comté or chèvre.