Catalog Advanced Search
98 items were found using the following search criteria
- Region: Bourgogne
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 98
- Les Charmes Mâcon Lugny0.75l WhiteNew€10.45 €8.64Brother to Mathieu and son of Michel Paquet of Domaine des Valanges, Camille is the winemaker of the family. He believes in making his wines as naturally as possible using indigineous yeasts, no chemicals and using barrels that are always two or three years old so that the oak will not interfere with the beautiful fruit flavours. This new addition to the Paquet portfolio has a pale golden colour, light perfumed nose, lovely orchard and slightly tropical fruit and like its name, is really very charming. Lovely to drink now, this is a very balanced Macon with lots of flavour to accompany seafood, smoked salmon and grilled fish.
- 2016 Domaine des ValangesEn crèches, Hors Classe Saint-Véran0.75l White€15.50 €12.81This domain is going from strength to strength and the family is constantly looking for and finding great parcels of vineyards around the small winegrowing village of Davayé nestled at the foot of the Solutré Rock. New cellars, new vineyards and ambitious winemaking have resulted in some super wines. The “En Crèches” parcel faces south east, is sheltered from the north wind, has clay and fossilized limestone soils and lies at an altitude of 250 metres: a superb microclimate. The Chardonnay vines are over 60 years old and produce a fabulous wine with great minerality and tension. There is depth on the palate with honey, oatmeal, good oak and lots of vivacity. Unfortunately hailstorms in April destroyed much of the 2016 crop so there is less of this wine than usual so it is well worth reserving a few bottles for drinking for the next few years.
- 2016 Domaine des ValangesLes Cras Saint-Véran0.75l White€15.50 €12.81Those of you who have already tasted the super St. Vérans from Domaine des Valanges, will enjoy tasting this wine from a small 1 1/2 hectare single vineyard site. The vines face south, south-east and are grown on stony, limestone soils. Vinified for 60% in tanks and 40% in oak barrels and allowed to age for nine months on the lees, only 9,000 bottles of this wine are produced each year. There is lots of perfume and fruit on the nose making the wine immediately inviting with rich Chardonnay notes balanced perfectly with a mineral freshness – clearly the influence of the limestone soil. Quite opulent on the palate, this is a superb Chardonnay combining lovely fruit and finesse. A superior bottling to be served with poached fish, white meats or refined first courses.
- Vieilles Vignes Pouilly-Fuissé0.75l White€18.69 €15.45This is the domaine's flagship wine and is produced from its oldest vines (75 years old) grown on the best climats in Fuissé. It undergoes very long fermentations, a proportion of which are in barrel, and has notes of honey, almond and orchard fruits, a very pretty persistence and beautifully fresh Chardonnay characteristics. We have quite a struggle to get hold of this wine, as it is much prized around the world for its beautiful Burgundian character and lovely persistent finish. A perfect match for fish, poultry and cheeses such as comté or chèvre.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretRully0.75l WhiteNew€27.20 €22.48Produced in the northen most village of the Côte Challonaise the grapes were gently pressed before they were fermented and underwent the malolactic fermentation in oak barrels and then aged for 15 months. Fresh, quite overt Chardonnay nose, a little austere in the attack and then rocky and dry with good acidity and fruity persistance.. On the finish the fresh fruit mixes with notes of oatmeal and honey. This is a very good wine with lovely purity of fruit.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretSaint-Romain0.75l WhiteNew€30.30 €25.04Saint Romain is located in a valley to the west of Auxey-Duresses in the direction of the Hautes Côtes de Beaune where just over half the production is white wine. After both the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 25% new oak barrels, the wine is aged for 12 months in oak and a further 6 months in bottle. The wine is dry with notes of honey, acacia blossom and almonds on the nose. Floral notes develop on the palate then pear, almonds and a touch of quince. A lovely wine with lingering mineral notes.