Catalog Advanced Search
96 items were found using the following search criteria
- Region: Bourgogne
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 96
- Les Charmes Mâcon Lugny0.75l WhiteNew€10.45 €8.64Brother to Mathieu and son of Michel Paquet of Domaine des Valanges, Camille is the winemaker of the family. He believes in making his wines as naturally as possible using indigineous yeasts, no chemicals and using barrels that are always two or three years old so that the oak will not interfere with the beautiful fruit flavours. This new addition to the Paquet portfolio has a pale golden colour, light perfumed nose, lovely orchard and slightly tropical fruit and like its name, is really very charming. Lovely to drink now, this is a very balanced Macon with lots of flavour to accompany seafood, smoked salmon and grilled fish.
- 2017 Domaine des ValangesSaint-Véran0.75l White€13.35 €11.03This is the best selling wine in the Domaine des Valanges selection and it was this wine which made their reputation. The estate is located in the heart of the Maconais, near to the historic site of Cluny and west of Macon. The wine comes from various parcels on the 11 hectare estate with 30 year old vines on the slopes around Davayé. The wine is aged only in vat and bottled around Easter time to allow the fresh fruit character of the Chardonnay grapes to have their purest expression. The 2017 vintage was an easy and early one and the grapes reached very good maturity. The wine is very expressive with white pepper, pears and spice n the attack, ripe fruit on the palate, delicious freshness on the finish and lovely balance. This is a super wine offering excellent value for money. Serve with fish, chicken and creamy cheeses.
- 2016 Domaine des ValangesEn crèches, Hors Classe Saint-Véran0.75l White€15.50 €12.81This domain is going from strength to strength and the family is constantly looking for and finding great parcels of vineyards around the small winegrowing village of Davayé nestled at the foot of the Solutré Rock. New cellars, new vineyards and ambitious winemaking have resulted in some super wines. The “En Crèches” parcel faces south east, is sheltered from the north wind, has clay and fossilized limestone soils and lies at an altitude of 250 metres: a superb microclimate. The Chardonnay vines are over 60 years old and produce a fabulous wine with great minerality and tension. There is depth on the palate with honey, oatmeal, good oak and lots of vivacity. Unfortunately hailstorms in April destroyed much of the 2016 crop so there is less of this wine than usual so it is well worth reserving a few bottles for drinking for the next few years.
- Vieilles Vignes Pouilly-Fuissé0.75l White€18.69 €15.45This is the domaine's flagship wine and is produced from its oldest vines (75 years old) grown on the best climats in Fuissé. It undergoes very long fermentations, a proportion of which are in barrel, and has notes of honey, almond and orchard fruits, a very pretty persistence and beautifully fresh Chardonnay characteristics. We have quite a struggle to get hold of this wine, as it is much prized around the world for its beautiful Burgundian character and lovely persistent finish. A perfect match for fish, poultry and cheeses such as comté or chèvre.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretRully0.75l WhiteNew€27.20 €22.48Produced in the northen most village of the Côte Challonaise the grapes were gently pressed before they were fermented and underwent the malolactic fermentation in oak barrels and then aged for 15 months. Fresh, quite overt Chardonnay nose, a little austere in the attack and then rocky and dry with good acidity and fruity persistance.. On the finish the fresh fruit mixes with notes of oatmeal and honey. This is a very good wine with lovely purity of fruit.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretSaint-Romain0.75l WhiteNew€30.30 €25.04Saint Romain is located in a valley to the west of Auxey-Duresses in the direction of the Hautes Côtes de Beaune where just over half the production is white wine. After both the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 25% new oak barrels, the wine is aged for 12 months in oak and a further 6 months in bottle. The wine is dry with notes of honey, acacia blossom and almonds on the nose. Floral notes develop on the palate then pear, almonds and a touch of quince. A lovely wine with lingering mineral notes.