- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€48.10 €39.75This wine benefitted from the lovely summer weather since the vineyard forms an amphitheatre where the sun’s rays are trapped in a small basin of warmth. This is a generous, velvety vintage with lots of body and a touch of sweetness in the nose. On the palate, there are aromas of almond and minerals balanced by a persistent liveliness. In spite of its richness, this is an elegant wine.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€48.35 €39.96One senses the effect of the altitude on this very precise, structured, mineral wine – the generosity of the fruit flavours is balanced by the intensity of the old vines in this magnificent terroir. There is lots of power and length in this wine. Although it is already delicious to drink, it would be a pity not to wait a few more years to drink this when the development of the secondary aromas will add depth and a earthier backdrop to the exuberant fruit.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€52.65 €43.51The Chérisey Meursault-Blagny 1er Cru La Genelotte comes from a monopole vineyard just north of Blagny on the slope overlooking the village. The 2011 has a pale yellow colour and expressive aromas of spice, almonds, grassy pastures and elderflower blossom. This is a lovely Meursault with lots of character.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€56.20 €46.45This is a magical part of the Côtes de Beaune, a lost hamlet, high up above the village of Meursault ; premier cru vineyards that are on average 60 years old ; lots of limestone rocks in the soils and lots of freshness and minerality in the wines and finally a great winemaker called Laurent Martelet. That Blagny is less well-known is a great advantage to wine lovers and sommeliers as the price of these wines is reasonable considering the quality. Round and fruity in the nose with citrus notes mixed with spring flowers, the palate is full yet with great freshness ; on the finish there are notes of pears, grilled hazelnuts and butter. This is a white wine that can age well for at least five years after the vintage.
- La Pièce sous le bois Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l WhiteNew€64.01 €52.90Another small village Meursault next to the Genelotte vineyard, literally meaning “the vineyard parcel under the woods”. The rocky soil, the cool climate and shade mean that the fruit in this wine is more orchard fruit (apples and pears) than exotic (mango and pineapple). There is good tension here and finely grained tannins making this a pure, pretty Meursault for those who like their white wines pure and fruity rather than rich and oaky.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l WhiteNew€64.01 €52.90Driving up the hill from Meursault, the hamlet of Blagny, founded by the Cistercian monks in the 12th century, seems as if it is another world from the villages below. The air is pure, there is stillness and a fresh breeze blows across the Côtes de Beaune. La Genelotte is the domain’s signature wine, a monopole, full of limestone rocks on a bed of clay. This Meursault is powerful and intense with lovely structure and a vein of lively acidity running through it. On the palate there is lots of juicy Chardonnay flavour balanced with structure and good nervosity.