Côtes du Rhône
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 26
- Côtes du Rhône Villages0,75l RedBio€9.20 €7.60One of the great domaines of the Rhone making authentic and full-bodied, bio wines. Like the famous Château La Nerthe, the estate is managed by Alain Dugas and is magnificently situated in Sérignan, in the north of Orange. It is predominantly planted with Grenache with smaller quantities of Syrah, Cinsault, Mourvèdre and Carignan vines which are on average 40 years old. This vintage has already amassed a slew of medals and awards and is noted for its intense, complex nose which has toasty aromas, sweet spice and concentrated red fruit. The palate is very harmonious, round, fresh and velvety-smooth. Ready to drink now. A perfect match for game.
- 2014 Château ValcombeEpicure Rouge Ventoux0,75l RedBio€10.70 €8.84We love this wine for its pure, fresh flavours and its ripe fruit, brimming with character and richness. Produced from vines that are more than 55 years old, grown on the southern slopes of Mount Ventoux but facing north-west and cooled by constant breezes, this wine is a blend of 60% Grenache, 25% Carignan and 15% Syrah. Grapes. It combines lovely plummy, briar fruit with spicy notes of black pepper, liquorice and cloves. At the center of this wine, there is excellent concentration, purity and depth which leads to a satisfying, rich finish. Excellent value, this organic wine, using barely any sulphur, just keeps getting better and better.
- Tavel0,75l Rosé€11.89 €9.83A 12th century abbey is where this very attractive Tavel is made - a wine with lots of personality and richness. Produced from eight different grape varieties including white and red grenache, clairette and carignan, here is a very savoury rosé with a full taste of cherries, peaches and spices. This is a rosé to enjoy at the table with Mediterranean cuisine – shellfish, exotic or spicy food and fish. The ultimate luxury is to serve this wine in magnum – a beautiful, elegant, long necked bottle with individual gift box for a special meal.
- 2016 Château ValcombeEpicure Blanc Ventoux0,75l WhiteBio€12.20 €10.08The 2016 is a big success for this young estate. An attractive blend of 40% Grenache Blanc, 20% Roussane, 20% Clairette and 20% Bourboulenc from old vines farmed organically produce an expressive wine with notes of white flowers and orchard fruits in the nose. On the palate the wine has an attractive roundness, aromas of fruit, oak and wild flowers with good acidity which leads to a long and complex finish. A very appetising wine to enjoy with light meals – vegetarian dishes, fish and salads.
- Côtes du Rhône Villages0,75l RedBio€12.80 €10.58Les Cassagnes de La Nerthe Rouge 2015 (bio) 60% Grenache Noir, 30% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre grapes are used in this exciting, organic Côtes du Rhône which replaces the former Domaine Renjarde wine. Made by the same, ambitious winemakers, the Cassagnes comes from a forty year old vineyard planted on limestone and sandstone. The wine is aged in large oak vats to keep the primary freshness of the fruit: plums, blackberries, bing cherries and sloes are the aromas that are conjured up here without being jammy or too sweet. On the palate the purity of the fruit is evident with some spicy notes of freshly crushed black pepper, cloves and lingering notes of liquorice and lavender on the finish. A lovely wine, perfectly balanced between richness and freshness and full of spicy Rhône flavours. Very easy to drink now this wine will âge well for 5-10 years and matches well with game dishes, stews, roast meats and barbecues.
- 2013 Château ValcombeLa Spéciale Ventoux0,75l RedBio€17.19 €14.21Situated in the town of St Pierre de Vassols, at an altitude of 250 metres, on north-west hillsides, facing the Dentelles de Montmirail, this tiny production wine is made from very old Carignan vines that are tended with great respect. It is aged in 400 litre oak barrels. The colour is a deep garnet red, on the nose the wine is rich and spicy with toasty aromas and notes of balsamic, vanilla and dark chocolate. In the palate there is great freshness and lift, with lots of dark, plummy fruit interwoven with caramel and coffee. A wine for lovers of old vines.
- Fleurs de Mai (FM) IGP Comtés Rhodaniens0,75l RedNew€19.00 €15.70The first vintage of this wine was made in 2010 from vines planted more than 50 years ago by Georges Vernay in an old orchard where once peach varieties called « Mayflower » were grown. Like the Pied de Samson, the vineyard is higher than 300 metres so is no longer in the appellation. Made from Syrah grapes and stylistically like a Côte Rôtie, this is a lovely lyrical wine with notes of plums, figs and wood smoke, quite simple but absolutely delicious with mineral peristence and a juicy, fruity finish. Produced in small quantities and aged in oak vats for eight months this is a wine to be drunk now for the next five years.
- Crozes-Hermitage0,75l RedNew€20.00 €16.53This wine comes from 70 year old Syrah vines grown in a four hectare parcel of sandy-clay soil on high trellising. The grapes are cold macerated for three days before 20 days fermentation to bring out the bright fruit and lovely aromas found in the extraordinary 2015 vintage. The gorgeous nose of plums, sweet spice and juicy blackcurrant leads to a fresh and rich palate with notes of vanilla, sweet spice and very fine tannins. Delicious to drink now, this wine can age well for another five years. Enjoy with game and grilled meats.