View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 104
- 2013 Domaine ThomasLe Pierrier Sancerre0.375l White€4.01 €3.31A well-known domaine which has beautiful Sauvignon vineyards planted on limestone slopes. The wine is balanced and fresh with floral and herbaceous notes. The palate is flavoured with orchard fruit flavours and has a nice streak of minerality. Very elegant, long and fresh on the finish. Drink well-chilled with shellfish and grilled fish dishes.
- 2016 Château La PagèzeLa Clape0.75l White€7.20 €5.95A lovely wine from the Languedoc from the well-known appellation of La Clape where the vineyards lie on a limestone plateau facing the rising sun and the Mediterranean sea. Produced from a blend of Roussanne and Grenache Blanc grapes, there is good persistence and fresh flavours here with nice round orchard fruit and a long, clean, refreshing taste. A good value everyday wine for vegetable dishes, seafood, fish and spicy dishes. Drink : 2017-2018.
- 2017 ArlemontChardonnay Pays d'Oc0.75l WhiteBio€7.20 €5.95An attractive, organic Chardonnay for everyday drinking, conveniently served in a screw-cap bottle for easy entertaining. It has a light platinum colour, a pretty, fresh, spicy nose with aromas of melon, pear and apple. Easy to drink and fruity with good purity and persistence, the wine finishes with a slightly sweet vanilla note. Serve with salads, fish and as an aperitif.
- 2017 Domaine DavidClos du Ferré Muscadet-Sèvre-et-Maine0.75l White€7.45 €6.16Muscadet is simply the best wine to drink with oysters ; both salty and fruity at the same time, it has the tangy acidity which brings out the freshness in shellfish and notes of citrus fruit and pears which add a further dimension of taste. The Clos du Ferré 2017 has an expressive nose of lavender, mint and William’s pears and was harvested at the end of August 2017. It is a very open and generous wine with lovely minerality, peachstone and schist flavours and a lingering note of yeasty, umami flavour. Drink now with oysters, langoustines and fresh seafood.
- Bordeaux0.75l WhiteBio€7.90 €6.53If it is true that pretty wines come from lovely sites, than the Moulin de Peyronin, owes its attractive aromas and flavours to the picturesque village of Pujols in the heart of the Entre-deux-Mers region of Bordeaux. This youthful wine produced from organic grapes (70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon) grown in the clay limestone slopes of the village. The wine is made simply: pressing directly after picking, cold stabilisation and fermentation and then aging on the fine lees for a couple of months. The result is a wine with lively aromas of fresh flowers, orchard fruit, cut hay and peaches. On the palate the wine has a mineral liveliness and is quite spicy and long in the finish without losing its vibrant freshness. Great as an aperitif, or with oysters, shellfish and other fish.
- 2017 Deep RootsRiesling Trocken Rheinhessen0.75l White€8.30 €6.86Thanks to the warm 2017 vintage, this wine has a full expression of Riesling with lovely fresh aromas of citrus fruit, blossom and pears. Created by three young, talented winemakers in the Rheinhessen, including our friend Jochen Dreissigacker, the grapes are fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures for three weeks and then aged for several months before bottling. Pure and fine on the palate, the 2017 has ripe fruit and great acidity that gives the wine good balance and structure. A very versatile wine which goes with light goods, salads and seafoods; a great favourite of ours also as an aperitif.
- 2015 Catalan EagleTerra Alta D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€8.70 €7.19Catalan Eagle white is a blend of 60% Garnacha Blanca, 25% Viognier and 15% Roussanne grapes, the two latter grape varieties originally coming from the Rhone. Catalan Eagle takes its name from the bird that soars above the nature reserve close to the 26 hectare organic vineyard in Terra Alta which is near Tarragona in southern Catalonia. This wine has an expressive nose of peaches, pears and grapefruit. On the palate there is minerality, fruit and some warm, spicy notes. Round and full on the palate this is an aromatic wine with good acidity and a rich texture. Enjoy with seafood and paella.
- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.