View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 13
- 2013 Domaine ThomasLe Pierrier Sancerre0.375l White€4.01 €3.31A well-known domaine which has beautiful Sauvignon vineyards planted on limestone slopes. The wine is balanced and fresh with floral and herbaceous notes. The palate is flavoured with orchard fruit flavours and has a nice streak of minerality. Very elegant, long and fresh on the finish. Drink well-chilled with shellfish and grilled fish dishes.
- 2017 Marigny-NeufVal de Loire0.75l RoséBio€8.49 €7.02A rosé made from 60% Gamay, 20% Cabernet and 20% Pinot Noir grapes, grown in Vienne between the Loire Valley and Poitiers. This is an organic wine, produced with great care including two days cold maceration followed by five months ageing on the fermentation lees to add roundness and complexity to the wine. A fun loving wine with notes of guava, red currant and cherry with a creamy texture, this rosé loves being paired with salads, pizza and sunny aperitifs accompanied by big smiles and giggles. Serve chilled and enjoy now or for the next two years.
- Faye-d'Anjou Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77The fruity, fresh start leads into a supple, sweet and viscous palate that is flavoured with lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts.
- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.
- 2017 Marigny-Neuf (BIO)Sauvignon Val de Loire0.75l WhiteBio€9.96 €8.23One of the first wines made by Frédéric Brochet who has now expanded his domaine just north of Poitiers to include a complete line of varietal wines. His Marigny-Neuf Sauvignon Blanc remains his best seller and is grown organically in limestone and silex soils. The wine has a very pure, light yellow colour, very good citrus fruit characteristic of the Sauvignon Blanc grape which is complemented with notes of boxtree, mint and wild flowers. Good energy, precise acidity and lovely fresh structure bring out the attractive aromas in this wine. Serve with shrimps, oysters and of course goat’s cheese.
- 2017 Marigny-NeufPinot-Noir Val de Loire0.75l RedBio€9.99 €8.26Frédéric Brochet loves Pinot Noir. This talented winemaker learned to make pure, fruit driven wines in Australia. He has planted the grape right in front of his headquarters at the Manoir de Lavauguyot looking south towards Futoroscope and the hills of Poitiers. This wine is organic, lively and pure with notes of kirsch, walnut and sweet spice on the nose. The taste is smooth and fruity with smoky notes and a lovely crunchy, acidity. Macerated on the skins with gentle pigeage to produce the ruby red colour and aged in French oak barrels for six months, its freshness and silky tannins make this a good match for poultry, salads, Porc filet mignon and all sorts of cheeses. Serve slightly chilled.
- Brut Saumur0.75l White€10.06 €8.31This Sparkling wine, which is made in the traditional method, comes from Saumur, in the Loire Valley. It is fresh with a lovely light body showing delicate floral and white-fruited notes. Offering excellent value for the quality, serve well-chilled as an aperitif.
- 2012 Domaine DavidClos du Ferré, Goulaine Muscadet-Sèvre-et-Maine0.75l White€11.89 €9.83Aged Muscadet is delicious ; it combines the salty, tangy flavours of the sea with the generous, umami flavours of the long aging on the yeast and is therefore an excellent match for modern gastronomy – crisp enough to be refreshing yet vintage rich enough to be interesting. The 2012 reveals attractive sweet fruit, some spice and a generous, round texture. Produced from 100% Melon de Bourgogne grapes from a special parcel of more than 55 year old vines, the wine is fermented on its natural yeasts before being left on the lees for at least two years before bottling. Delicious served with seafood, oysters and lobsters. Drink now.
- 2012 Clos du PorteauL'Oie Blanche Montlouis sur Loire0.75l White€12.50 €10.33We love the Chenin Blanc grape from the Loire and its ability to show both richness and freshness at the same time. We have been looking for a wine to serve with festive meals – with foie gras, lobster and other rich foods – that will add the right balance between acidity and sweetness. This Montlouis 2012 comes from the 16th century Clos du Porteau, owned by Isabelle and Aynar Clermont Tonnerre whose family has been based in Touraine for over 800 years. The vines are planted south facing on clay silex soils with limestone bedrock. The estate is now farmed organically, which gives greater precision and minerality to the wines. Handpicking at night ensures that the grapes arrive fresh at the winery where they are pressed and most of the harvest is allowed to macerate for 10 days at 5°C before being fermented in oak barrels while 20% goes through a 10 hour pre-fermentation maceration before being pressed to give weight and more aromatic expression. The fermentations take place very slowly (85 days) and then the wines are aged on the lees for three months. This is a lovely Montlouis with a very fragrant and expressive nose of Chenin Blanc with a touch of sweetness; aromas of melon and ripe pear dominate. On the palate the wine has great liveliness and purity with lots of fruit, spice and nutty flavours. Although the wine has about 5 grams of residual sugar, the finish is clean, persistent and very fresh.