View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 14
- 2015 Domaine DavidClos du Ferré Muscadet-Sèvre-et-Maine0,75l White€7.15 €5.91Produced from the «melon de bourgogne» grape and allowed to age on its fine fermentation lees until the Spring, this Muscadet has a zesty lemon and mineral nose. It has an attractive vivacity on the palate but also a rich and satisfying texture thanks to the lees aging, followed by a long persistence of flavour in the finish. Easy to drink, the wine is a great favourite for fish, shellfish and oysters.
- 2011 Marigny-NeufCabernet Franc Val de Loire0,75l RedBio€7.55 €6.24This organic wine comes from the estate of Frédéric Brochet, professor at the l'institute of Enology at the University of Bordeaux. It is full of youthful fruit and vibrant acidity. We are very fond of the Cabernet Franc grape which grows well in the gravelly soils around Poitiers and produces easy drinking wines with character. The grapes are hand harvested and aged in oak barrels. Round and a little sweet in the palate, with notes of cassis and vanilla, the wine is a good match for game and chicken dishes or as an aperitif.
- 2013 Domaine ThomasLe Pierrier Sancerre0,375l White€7.84 €6.48A well-known domaine which has beautiful Sauvignon vineyards planted on limestone slopes. The wine is balanced and fresh with floral and herbaceous notes. The palate is flavoured with orchard fruit flavours and has a nice streak of minerality. Very elegant, long and fresh on the finish. Drink well-chilled with shellfish and grilled fish dishes.
- Val de Loire0,75l RoséBio€8.09 €6.69A rosé made from 60% Gamay, 20% Cabernet and 20% Pinot Noir grapes, grown in Vienne between the Loire Valley and Poitiers. This is an organic wine, produced with great care including two days cold maceration followed by five months ageing on the fermentation lees to add roundness and complexity to the wine. A fun loving wine with notes of guava, red currant and cherry with a creamy texture, this rosé loves being paired with salads, pizza and sunny aperitifs accompanied by big smiles and giggles. Serve chilled and enjoy now or for the next two years.
- Pinot-Noir Val de Loire0,75l RedBio€8.49 €7.02Frédéric Brochet loves Pinot Noir. This talented winemaker learned to make pure, fruit driven wines in Australia. He has planted the grape right in front of his headquarters at the Manoir de Lavauguyot looking south towards Futoroscope and the hills of Poitiers. This wine is organic, lively and pure with notes of kirsch, walnut and sweet spice on the nose. The taste is smooth and fruity with smoky notes and a lovely crunchy, acidity. Macerated on the skins with gentle pigeage to produce the ruby red colour and aged in French oak barrels for six months, its freshness and silky tannins make this a good match for poultry, salads, Porc filet mignon and all sorts of cheeses. Serve slightly chilled.
- Sauvignon Val de Loire0,75l WhiteBio€8.75 €7.23The winery’s best seller, this organic Sauvignon Blanc is crystal clear, platinum yellow. Piercingly fruity with notes of box tree and guava; on the palate it is quite rich with lots of aromas and acidity. A very aromatic finish which is a definite sign that this is a great Sauvignon. Night picking ensures the freshness of the grapes which are then cold macerated on the skins for nine hours to provide more character to the wine. Loaded with lovely varietal character, the wine gets on very well with oysters, prawns and other seafood. Far from being shy, it matches well with goat cheese.
- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0,75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.
- Brut Saumur0,75l White€10.06 €8.31This Sparkling wine, which is made in the traditional method, comes from Saumur, in the Loire Valley. It is fresh with a lovely light body showing delicate floral and white-fruited notes. Offering excellent value for the quality, serve well-chilled as an aperitif.
- 2010 Domaine DavidClos du Ferré, Goulaine Muscadet-Sèvre-et-Maine0,75l White€11.10 €9.17A firm favourite with sommeliers, this wine shows just how good top quality Muscadet can be. Made from 100% Melon de Bourgogne grapes, grown from 55 year-old vines on a parcel called 'Goulaine'. It is fermented with indigenous yeasts and left to settle on its fine lees for between 18-24 months. This method of extended ageing on lees gives the wine an added richness and unctuosity, whilst also retaining a lovely salty vitality, which is characteristic of all good coastal wines. Aromas of grapefruit and blackcurrant buds on the nose lead into flavours of toasted almonds and salty minerality on the palate. A delicious wine with a touch of umami, a perfect match for oysters, shellfish and white fish.