- 2016 Bordeaux SupérieurThienpont Selection Bordeaux Supérieur0.75l RedNew€9.00 €7.44We are delighted to announce the addition to the portfolio of Thienpont own label wines of a delicious Thienpont Bordeaux Supérieur 2016. Following the demise of the very popular “Z de Bordeaux”, we have been searching far and wide for a worthy, everyday drinking Bordeaux that we can call our own. We have found it at the historic Chateau le Grand Verdus overlooking the Garonne river in Entre-deux-Mers. Made from a blend of 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc, this is a very bright, immediately accessible Bordeaux wine with a pure nose of red fruits, spices and a touch of liquorice. On the palate the wine is very smooth and round with good freshness and intensity. This wine will drink well for the next three to five years and is great when served with bistro cuisine such as chicken, grilled beef or stews in relaxed surroundings.
- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.
- 2010 Haut-MédocThienpont Selection Haut-Médoc0.75l RedBio€9.99 €8.26We tasted a lot samples before discovering this very pretty Haut-Médoc which we have included in our ‘sélection THIENPONT’, our list of favourite Bordeaux appellations. We are delighted by the price and quality of this estate, which is ideally situated between communes of Margaux and Moulis. Organically cultivated with a blend of 53% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, the wine is matured in oak for 1 year. Attractive deep purple colour with hints of violet. The nose, at first restrained, develops with dark fruit and vanilla notes. The palate is supple with a powerful texture, lots of finesse and tightly-knit, fine-grained tannins. Notes of black fruits, imparted by Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot, are nicely balanced and suplemented by the plump roundness of Merlot.
- Thienpont Selection Douro0.75l Red€11.70 €9.67Aged over many years in barrel becoming rich, dry with evolved notes of tobacco, cocoa and hints of blackberry fruits.
- Thienpont Selection Douro0.75l Red€16.50 €13.64Een selectie van de beste wijnen wordt samengevoegd om een elegante en ronde “Reserve Port” te bekomen. Deze porto is gerijpt op eiken vaten en biedt een fraaie mengeling van fruit en kruiden. Hij vult de mond en heeft een lange afdronk. Een aanrader. (Thienpont Selection)
- 2016 Bordeaux SupérieurThienpont Selection Bordeaux Supérieur1.5l Red€18.60 €15.37We zijn verheugd om u onze nieuwste telg onder het Thienpont Label voor te stellen, een heerlijke Thienpont Bordeaux Supérieur 2016. Na de stopzetting van de zeer populaire "Z de
- 2010 Pessac-LéognanThienpont Selection Pessac-Léognan0.75l Red€19.20 €15.87This 2010 Pessac Leognan has a deep garnet colour with a complex nose showing aromas of cassis, blackcurrants and bramble fruit. The palate is round and generous and full-bodied; supple tannins, with moderate structure from oak and a pretty persistence of dark fruit flavours. Long and well-balanced, this wine is full of character and is ready to drink now and will age for a further five years. An easy-drinking wine, perfect for family and business dinners.