View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 64
- 2016 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.43 €6.14Purchased by Georges Thienpont in 1946 and home to his family of 13 children, Puygueraud is a testament to the Thienpont family who put the Côtes de Francs on the Bordeaux wine map. This is a really charming vintage with a dark crimson colour, fresh and spicy nose with wild herb aromas, blueberries and blackcurrants; lovely spice and freshness, on the palate with great persistence. Delicious with lots of life and verve. Super.
- 2011 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.45 €6.16An appealling deep violet colour,very fragrant and spicy on the nose, opulent and round with sumptuous autumn fruit flavours on the palate-a mix of blackberries and boysenberries with a touch of wild herbs; nice spicy finish.
- 2012 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.45 €6.16Very pretty vivid purple colour; appealling nose with crunchy red fruits; smooth on the palate showing good intensity of fruit, acidity and a touch of wild herbs, spicy and nicely oaked on the finish. Very pleasing. A great achievement.
- 2015 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.54 €6.23One of our favourite wines made by cousin Nicolas Thienpont in the Côtes de Francs; A blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc grapes grown on limestone soils. The limestone character comes out clearly in the wine. Dark colour with a bright garnet rim; lovely open nose full of wild berry and bramble scents; smooth, fresh and pretty on the palate, this is a lovely wine, well-balanced and pure.
- 2014 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.71 €6.37This Thienpont family wine, made by Nicolas Thienpont is a blend of 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec. It is intense and structured in the nose with spicy aromas of nutmeg and cloves. There are lovely black fruit flavours on the palate with good intensity and a good tannic structure leading to a rich finish.
- 2012 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.74 €6.40Deep and bright in colour, the nose is sweet and generous with ripe fruit, notes of cherries and violets at the start, pretty concentration with a touch of minerality and very vibrant. Spicy and firm on the finish with notes of black pepper with a good tannic structure.
- 2015 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€7.76 €6.41One of the best buys in the 2015 vintage, this has caught the attention from buyers and press alike. Made from a blend of 80 Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec picked in mid October, this is a bright, dark coloured wine, very pretty and fresh on the nose with lots of personality. On the palate there is lots of dark plums, cedar, liquorice, spice and tannin – all well blended and integrated.
- 2008 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€8.16 €6.74Pretty colour and intensity. Ripe and expressive on the nose with a lovely fruity lift and autumn berry aromas. A pretty structure despite the preceptible tannins.
- 2016 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.375l Red€8.46 €6.99Located in Saint Cibard, near the Thienpont family home, Nicolas bought this estate in 2000 on the limestone plateau and this wine always has a note of freshness from this soil. The 2016 is very attractive and perfumed, rich in the nose with a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Franc. There is lots of dense Merlot fruit here, great freshness and personality. A lovely wine with good fruit and spicy intensity.