View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 17
- 2016 Château de CarlesFronsac3l Red€76.81 €63.48A lovely wine from Fronsac with good ambitions: Medium red colour; pleasant, fresh red fruit on the nose; attractive taste of spice, sweet, vanilla, liquorice, and ripe, plummy fruit. An attractive, round and generous wine with a good sweet long finish.
- 2016 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€78.59 €64.95Located in Saint Cibard, near the Thienpont family home, Nicolas bought this estate in 2000 on the limestone plateau and this wine always has a note of freshness from this soil. The 2016 is very attractive and perfumed, rich in the nose with a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Franc. There is lots of dense Merlot fruit here, great freshness and personality. A lovely wine with good fruit and spicy intensity.
- 2016 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€78.80 €65.12Purchased by Georges Thienpont in 1946 and home to his family of 13 children, Puygueraud is a testament to the Thienpont family who put the Côtes de Francs on the Bordeaux wine map. This is a really charming vintage with a dark crimson colour, fresh and spicy nose with wild herb aromas, blueberries and blackcurrants; lovely spice and freshness, on the palate with great persistence. Delicious with lots of life and verve. Super.
- 2015 Château de CarlesFronsac3l Red€79.62 €65.80One of the best values of the vintage, we prefer the de Carles 2015 to the richer, more extracted Haut-Carles. This is a lovely wine with rather wild, autumn fruit flavours, lovely purity and freshness typical of an organic wine, good spiciness and lots of life. Delicious already, this should keep well for a decade.
- 2015 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€81.41 €67.28One of the best buys in the 2015 vintage, this has caught the attention from buyers and press alike. Made from a blend of 80 Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec picked in mid October, this is a bright, dark coloured wine, very pretty and fresh on the nose with lots of personality. On the palate there is lots of dark plums, cedar, liquorice, spice and tannin – all well blended and integrated.
- Saint-Julien3l Red€122.60 €101.32Probably the best loved second wine in Bordeaux, this vintage suits Les Fiefs and brings out the juicy, Cabernet fruit of this successful St. Julian estate. Medium rich, bright, crimson colour, soft and grapey on the attack, with good spice and flavours of black cherries, blackberry and tobacco. There is nice weight on the palate and good, round tannins. Drink 2019-2026
- Saint-Julien3l RedPrimeur€122.60 €101.32Out of stockEen heerlijke wijn ondanks de vorstschade, een mooie en frisse wijn met zoete, rijpe aroma’s van cassis, bijna mals, zacht, goede frisse kern in de mond; een beetje eik naar de finale toe dat nog verder zal integreren maar toch steeds een aantrekkelijke wijn.
- 2016 Château PotensacMédocCru Bourgeois 3l Red€127.00 €104.96It is amazing to think that a wine of this quality can be made at the far north of the Médoc peninsular but Jean-Hubert Delons ambitions for this property have led to an even stricter selection and the creation of a second wine. Made from a blend of 44% Merlot, 39% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, there is lots of texture here, creamy and rich, with bright, fresh, sweet fruit, lovely balance, juicy blac fruit flavour. Really easy to drink already and very enjoyable, this is a very attractive winerepresenting good value. Drink 2020-2030
- Saint-Émilion Grand CruClassé 3l Red€183.00 €151.24This biodynamic estate next to Figeac was badly hit by the frosts in the Spring of 2017 so there is even more reason to cherish their lovely 2016. Made from a blend of 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc, it has a glossy dark plum colour; cloves and spice and autumn fruit in the nose; on the palate the wine is lush, ripe, pure and silky and the wine finishes with good tannic structure and intensity. Drink : 2022-2036.