View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 19
- 2016 Château de CarlesFronsac3l Red€76.81 €63.48A lovely wine from Fronsac with good ambitions: Medium red colour; pleasant, fresh red fruit on the nose; attractive taste of spice, sweet, vanilla, liquorice, and ripe, plummy fruit. An attractive, round and generous wine with a good sweet long finish.
- 2016 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€78.59 €64.95Located in Saint Cibard, near the Thienpont family home, Nicolas bought this estate in 2000 on the limestone plateau and this wine always has a note of freshness from this soil. The 2016 is very attractive and perfumed, rich in the nose with a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Franc. There is lots of dense Merlot fruit here, great freshness and personality. A lovely wine with good fruit and spicy intensity.
- 2016 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€78.80 €65.12Purchased by Georges Thienpont in 1946 and home to his family of 13 children, Puygueraud is a testament to the Thienpont family who put the Côtes de Francs on the Bordeaux wine map. This is a really charming vintage with a dark crimson colour, fresh and spicy nose with wild herb aromas, blueberries and blackcurrants; lovely spice and freshness, on the palate with great persistence. Delicious with lots of life and verve. Super.
- 2015 Château de CarlesFronsac3l Red€79.62 €65.80One of the best values of the vintage, we prefer the de Carles 2015 to the richer, more extracted Haut-Carles. This is a lovely wine with rather wild, autumn fruit flavours, lovely purity and freshness typical of an organic wine, good spiciness and lots of life. Delicious already, this should keep well for a decade.
- 2015 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux3l Red€81.41 €67.28One of the best buys in the 2015 vintage, this has caught the attention from buyers and press alike. Made from a blend of 80 Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec picked in mid October, this is a bright, dark coloured wine, very pretty and fresh on the nose with lots of personality. On the palate there is lots of dark plums, cedar, liquorice, spice and tannin – all well blended and integrated.
- 2017 Château La ChenadeLalande-de-Pomerol3l Red€82.00 €67.77Only 800 cases were made this year so our allocation of this wine has been halfed as a result of the frost. Made from a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, the wine is deep purple crimson in colour, bright, fruity and plummy. It has black fruit flavours, a lifted, fresh texture, nice balance and weight, and slightly chewy tannins. Well-made.
- 2016 Château La ChenadeLalande-de-Pomerol3l Red€96.22 €79.52We always love this wine that is so well-made, approachable and enjoyable that it has become a great success for us. Made by the talented Denis Durantou of Eglise Clinet fame, from a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc. Medium bodied with sweet aromas of cherries, vanilla and spice, the wine is round and smooth with good lush fruit, ripeness and length. Delicious already.
- Saint-Julien3l Red€126.18 €104.28A lovely wine in spite of obvious frost damage, this is pretty and fresh with lovely sweet, ripe cassis flavours, soft almost, tender, good core of freshness mid-palate; a little oaky towards the finish which has yet to integrated but still an attractive wine.
- 2017 Château Le CrockSaint-EstèpheCru Bourgeois 3l RedNew€126.81 €104.80Le Crock, van dezelfde eigenaar als Château Léoville-Poyferré, is een Saint Estèphe Cru Bourgeois die liefhebbers van klassieke wijnen aanspreekt, goed gevinifieerd en fruitig. De 2017 heeft een fruitige en aardse neus met een mooie frisheid en tonen van herfstfruit. De smaak is rond, soepel, sappig en gebalanceerd met licht kruidige en gepeperde tonen in de afdronk. Een erg aangename wijn om te drinken op korte tot middellange termijn.