View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 35
- 2018 Señorio de ArnedoBlanco Rioja D.O.C.0.75l WhiteNew€7.50 €6.20We at Thienpont Wine have found a super value everyday wine in easy to use, but elegant screwcap bottles. Perfect to serve at various festivities. Working with Bodegas Manzanos we have selected a white, rosé and red wine from local grapes grown in Rioja. With fresh fruit flavours, good acidity and an easy drinking style, we are pleased to present our Señorio de Arnedo selection.
- 2018 Señorio de ArnedoTinto Rioja D.O.C.0.75l RedNew€7.50 €6.20We at Thienpont Wine have found a super value everyday wine in easy to use, but elegant screwcap bottles. Perfect to serve at various festivities. Working with Bodegas Manzanos we have selected a white, rosé and red wine from local grapes grown in Rioja. With fresh fruit flavours, good acidity and an easy drinking style, we are pleased to present our Señorio de Arnedo selection.
Available from May
- 2017 Château de RespideClassique Graves0.75l WhiteNew€9.00 €7.44Chateau De Respide is a very well-made, modern Graves produced from a blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc and 40% Semillon grapes. After picking, the grapes go through a short period of maceration on the skins before aging on their fine lees. The wine has a bright pale yellow colour, an expressive nose of white blossom, citrus fruit and fresh meadows and on the palate the wine is attractively fruity, balanced and persistent with a very refreshing zesty finish. Chateau De Respide is one of the oldest wine estates in Bordeaux, belonging formerly to Louis XIV’s police officers. The painter Toulouse Lautrec was a frequent visitor and although the château was later sold, the vineyards and cellars have been in the hands of the Bonnet family since the 1950s.
- 2017 Château de ParnayBlason de Parnay Saumur-Champigny0.75l RedNewBio€12.20 €10.08We discovered the extraordinary Clos d’Entre les Murs when we were tasting with Sebastien Duvallet from Muscadet. The wine has been so well received that we asked Pierre Cadiou to let us taste his red wines. We have been searching for a well-balanced, elegant Loire Cabernet Franc for a while. This organic wine made from young vines is simply made to bring out the lively wild fruit character of hedgerow fruit, rosehips, sloes and cassis. Lying just 50 metres above the Loire river this is a easy drinking, crunchy wine with soft balance and a slightly spicy, fresh finish. A good red wine for fish, light cuisine or slightly chilled as an aperitif.
- 2018 Famille PaquetSaint-Véran0.75l WhiteNew€13.39 €11.07This was the first wine we bought from the Paquets at their Domaine des Valanges and it remains a favourite. Attractive and fruity with notes of pears, apples, melon, orchard flowers and a lovely mineral spiciness on the palate. Rich and quite full on the palate, this is a lovely Chardonnay with pure character and verve. Lovely wine at a very good price.
- 2017 Château BeláRiesling0.75l WhiteNew€14.25 €11.78Château Belá is an ancient property owned by the aunt of Valeska Müller, the wife of Egon. Situated in southern Slovakia on the banks of the Danube River the estate has a long winemaking history. The Romans planted the first vines and today Riesling grapes are grown on the hills below the castle and vinified by Miroslav Petrech and Egon Müller, two celebrated winemakers from Germany and the Slovak Republic. The 2017 Riesling is very fresh and pure with bold flavours of citrus, honeysuckle and fresh herbs. It is refreshingly light in alcohol and beautifully balanced between sweet, pure aromas and a lively, dry taste.
- 2016 Vinding MontecarruboCuvée Spéciale Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l RedNew€25.75 €21.28Made from a blend of 80% Syrah, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Merlot, this wine is made partially from grapes grown in the Vigna Grande single vineyard which lies on the edge of an old fresh water volcano which was surrounded by the sea and ancient coral reefs can still be found there. The soil varies from limestone to black volcanic dust with patches of volcanic clay. It is fermented on natural yeasts, goes through malolactic fermentation and aging in barrel and is bottled without fining or filtration. For this reason, it is a good idea to decant the wine before serving, as there may be a natural deposit in the bottle. Cuvee Speciale has a bright dark purple colour and has lovely, welcoming aromas of black fruits with spice and mint flavours. It is elegant, silky, very fresh and pretty with an almost Burgundian like texture. It is a delicious wine to pair with Mediterranean dishes.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretRully0.75l WhiteNew€27.20 €22.48Produced in the northen most village of the Côte Challonaise the grapes were gently pressed before they were fermented and underwent the malolactic fermentation in oak barrels and then aged for 15 months. Fresh, quite overt Chardonnay nose, a little austere in the attack and then rocky and dry with good acidity and fruity persistance.. On the finish the fresh fruit mixes with notes of oatmeal and honey. This is a very good wine with lovely purity of fruit.
- 2016 Domaine David MoretSaint-Romain0.75l WhiteNew€30.30 €25.04Saint Romain is located in a valley to the west of Auxey-Duresses in the direction of the Hautes Côtes de Beaune where just over half the production is white wine. After both the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 25% new oak barrels, the wine is aged for 12 months in oak and a further 6 months in bottle. The wine is dry with notes of honey, acacia blossom and almonds on the nose. Floral notes develop on the palate then pear, almonds and a touch of quince. A lovely wine with lingering mineral notes.