View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 13
- 2016 LibertaToscana IGT0.75l Red€14.10 €11.65A great value Super Tuscan wine made from a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and a small quantity of Sangiovese grapes grown on the Colazzi estate. The wine brings out the best of each of these grapes: Merlot's soft tannins, fresh, red fruit aroma’s from the Cabernet Franc, Syrah’s spicy richness and the elegant fragrance of Sangiovese. The wine owes its name to a donation that the City of Florence made to eight local families, among which the former owners of Collazzi, who had valiantly fought for the city’s freedom. Dark, violet coloured with soft, ripe red fruit flavours, attractive and fresh on the palate with sweet tannins and good balance. As the vineyard grows older, the wine becomes richer and more expressive giving it a lot of personality. Matches well with pasta, tomato sauce, meats and cheeses.
- 2015 I BastioniChianti Classico0.75l Red€15.29 €12.64Produced on the Collazzi estate just above Florence and grown in the south-western facing amphitheatre of well-drained gravel soils, this is a classic Chianti with great flavours of dark cherries and plums characteristic of the Sangiovese grape. There is freshness and spice from Sangiovese balanced by small amounts of Merlot and Malvasia Nera to round out the wine. Aged for 12 months in used oak, this is a lovely, juicy Chianti to drink young and pair with classic Italian dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, pizza and meatballs in tomato sauce. Drink now for next 2-3 years.
- 2017 Otto MuriToscana IGT0.75l White€15.95 €13.18This lovely white Tuscan wine comes from the local Fiano grape grown in a small plot of the Collazzi estate just above Florence. It has a bright straw colour, unique, fine fruity aroma of pears and quince undercut with notes of flor and hazelnuts to create a very « umami » style of wine. 20% of the wine is aged in oak barrels to give structure to the wine. Otto Muri, named for the walls that surround the vineyard, is a very pretty, with a fine, mineral taste. On the finish there is super freshness and precision. Fine and well-made. Drink immediately for 2-3 years. Serve with fine seafood.
- 2016 Vinding MontecarruboIl Piccolo Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l Red€22.00 €18.18The baby of the Montecarrubo selection is made from a blend of 40% Syrah, 30% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc grapes grown in a mixture of different soils, mainly volcanic. The wine is farmed biodynamically and the grapes are fermented on their natural yeasts before malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barrels: each grape variety has a different type of barrel. The wine is bottled without filtration. Il Piccolo is lively and fruity with an intense deep purple colour. It is very juicy and fruity with autumn fruit flavours, lush and round on the palate with hints of licorice and spice. Persistent and attractive, this is a lovely wine to serve with grilled meats, tomato based sauces and pasta.
- 2017 Vinding MontecarruboIl Piccolo Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l Red€22.00 €18.18Montecarrubo is planted on the crater of a volcano that has been extinct for more than two million years and is cooled by constant sea breezes. Run according to biodynamic practices, the wines are all based on Syrah grapes, here 50% balanced with the addition of 25% each of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. On the nose the wine has notes of blackberries, blueberries and wild herbs. The palate is full and rich and very lively with good plummy fruit flavours and a touch of freshly grated black pepper. On the finish there is good acidity and refreshing, silky tannins. A lovely wine, still young for the moment which will age well for at least another five years.
- 2016 Vinding MontecarruboCuvée Spéciale Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l RedNew€25.75 €21.28Made from a blend of 80% Syrah, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Merlot, this wine is made partially from grapes grown in the Vigna Grande single vineyard which lies on the edge of an old fresh water volcano which was surrounded by the sea and ancient coral reefs can still be found there. The soil varies from limestone to black volcanic dust with patches of volcanic clay. It is fermented on natural yeasts, goes through malolactic fermentation and aging in barrel and is bottled without fining or filtration. For this reason, it is a good idea to decant the wine before serving, as there may be a natural deposit in the bottle. Cuvee Speciale has a bright dark purple colour and has lovely, welcoming aromas of black fruits with spice and mint flavours. It is elegant, silky, very fresh and pretty with an almost Burgundian like texture. It is a delicious wine to pair with Mediterranean dishes.