- 2016 LibertaToscana IGT0.75l Red€14.10 €11.65A great value Super Tuscan wine made from a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and a small quantity of Sangiovese grapes grown on the Colazzi estate. The wine brings out the best of each of these grapes: Merlot's soft tannins, fresh, red fruit aroma’s from the Cabernet Franc, Syrah’s spicy richness and the elegant fragrance of Sangiovese. The wine owes its name to a donation that the City of Florence made to eight local families, among which the former owners of Collazzi, who had valiantly fought for the city’s freedom. Dark, violet coloured with soft, ripe red fruit flavours, attractive and fresh on the palate with sweet tannins and good balance. As the vineyard grows older, the wine becomes richer and more expressive giving it a lot of personality. Matches well with pasta, tomato sauce, meats and cheeses.
- 2015 I BastioniChianti Classico0.75l RedNew€15.29 €12.64Produced on the Collazzi estate just above Florence and grown in the south-western facing amphitheatre of well-drained gravel soils, this is a classic Chianti with great flavours of dark cherries and plums characteristic of the Sangiovese grape. There is freshness and spice from Sangiovese balanced by small amounts of Merlot and Malvasia Nera to round out the wine. Aged for 12 months in used oak, this is a lovely, juicy Chianti to drink young and pair with classic Italian dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, pizza and meatballs in tomato sauce. Drink now for next 2-3 years.
- Il Piccolo Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l RedNew€22.00 €18.18The baby of the Montecarrubo selection is made from a blend of 40% Syrah, 30% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc grapes grown in a mixture of different soils, mainly volcanic. The wine is farmed biodynamically and the grapes are fermented on their natural yeasts before malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barrels: each grape variety has a different type of barrel. The wine is bottled without filtration. Il Piccolo is lively and fruity with an intense deep purple colour. It is very juicy and fruity with autumn fruit flavours, lush and round on the palate with hints of licorice and spice. Persistent and attractive, this is a lovely wine to serve with grilled meats, tomato based sauces and pasta.
- Cuvée Spéciale Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l RedNew€25.75 €21.28Made from a blend of 80% Syrah, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Merlot, this wine is made partially from grapes grown in the Vigna Grande single vineyard which lies on the edge of an old fresh water volcano which was surrounded by the sea and ancient coral reefs can still be found there. The soil varies from limestone to black volcanic dust with patches of volcanic clay. It is fermented on natural yeasts, goes through malolactic fermentation and aging in barrel and is bottled without fining or filtration. For this reason, it is a good idea to decant the wine before serving, as there may be a natural deposit in the bottle. Cuvee Speciale has a bright dark purple colour and has lovely, welcoming aromas of black fruits with spice and mint flavours. It is elegant, silky, very fresh and pretty with an almost Burgundian like texture. It is a delicious wine to pair with Mediterranean dishes.
- 2011 CollazziToscana IGT0.75l Red€32.25 €26.65A soft, fruity wine with a good tannic structure which is almost ready to drink now. It is elegant and rich with a lovely deep ruby-garnet colour. A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot, the nose is open and enticing, with notes of ripe fruit and cedar oak. The palate is round, rich and very smooth. Made in the Bordeaux style with a Tuscan exhuberance.
- 2015 CollazziToscana IGT0.75l Red€35.01 €28.93The flagship of the Collazzi estate, this super Tuscan wine is produced from a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot with small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot; a typical « Bordeaux Blend » but with ripe fruit, elegance and lots of Tuscan warmth and spice. 2015 was a great year and this wine has really beautiful balance and freshness. A great favourite of our team, this is a beautiful wine with flavours of dark ripe plums and blackberries, balsamic notes and fine oak. Serve with meat dishes or aged cheese. Drink now for the next 5 years.
- Vignolo Terre Siciliane IGT0.75l RedNew€58.10 €48.02This single vineyard wine made from 100% Syrah is worthy of a great Burgundy or Hermitage. We were blown away when we first tasted this stunning wine, which comes from the single vineyard site, Vignolo. It faces the Ionian Sea and lies on a former seabed that today is comprised of fossilized sand and humus. For thousands of years the land was grazed by herds of cattle and sheep and this is the first time it is planted with vines. Fermented on natural yeasts followed by malolactic fermentation and aging in Darnajou oak barrels, the wine is bottled without fining or filtration. Farmed biodynamically, the wines from Vignolo are rich and generous with great character. This is the finest expression of Syrah that I have seen in Italy. The wine has a wild, natural character, generous black fruit flavours, a silky structure and the abiding freshness that is the hallmark of all these wines.