View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 14
- 2017 Castillo De OliteNavarre D.O.0.75l Red€5.00 €4.13Produced from grapes grown in the hillsides of Navarre in the north of Spain, this light and fruity red wine is aromatic and easy drinking. For more than 20 years it has been a great favourite of our clientele. Perfect for every day drinking.
- 2015 Catalan EagleTerra Alta D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€8.70 €7.19Catalan Eagle white is a blend of 60% Garnacha Blanca, 25% Viognier and 15% Roussanne grapes, the two latter grape varieties originally coming from the Rhone. Catalan Eagle takes its name from the bird that soars above the nature reserve close to the 26 hectare organic vineyard in Terra Alta which is near Tarragona in southern Catalonia. This wine has an expressive nose of peaches, pears and grapefruit. On the palate there is minerality, fruit and some warm, spicy notes. Round and full on the palate this is an aromatic wine with good acidity and a rich texture. Enjoy with seafood and paella.
- 2016 The ChargeTempranillo/Garnacha Rioja D.O.C.0.75l Red€8.75 €7.23Our brief for Ed Adams MW was to find us a modern style Rioja with not too much barrel aging so that we could enjoy the bright, fresh cherry fruit flavours of the Tempranillo grape. Working with Bodegas Manzanos in Rioja Baja, he has made a wine with excellent red berry and spicy fruit with refreshing acidity balanced by fine vanilla flavours from aging in a mix of American and French oak. The Charge red is made from 70% Tempranillo & 30% Garnacha grapes, harvested mid September 2016. Ed has increased the percentage of Garnacha with this producer since it is so good! The 2016 is bright and juicy with good generous fruit flavours and an attractive, warm, rich flavour of oak. Drink young alongside roast lamb and stews.
- 2016 Atlantic WayRias Baixas D.O.0.75l WhiteNew€9.50 €7.85Those of you who have already tasted the fresh, modern wines from La Bascula (The Charge, Catalan Eagle and No Stone Unturned) made by South African winemaker Bruce Jack and Master of Wine Ed Adams, will not be surprised to learn that the team is onto another winner with the Atlantic Way Albariño. Fresh, lively and tangy, you can practically feel the Atlantic waves pounding the Galician coast. There is lots of flavour here too with notes of fennel, ferns and fresh herbs, salty acidity and lots of zippy fruit on the palate leading to a long, dry finish. Albariño is having a huge success throughout the wine world at the moment think of a more southern Muscadet with a Spanish twist. This excellent version has already won lots of admirers. Serve as an aperitif or with fresh shellfish or salads presented in a screw-cap this is a fun wine for no-fuss entertaining.
- 2015 Menade (BIO)Verdejo Rueda D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€9.60 €7.93The Sanz siblings, with five generations of winemakers behind them, created MENADE in 2005. Pioneers in the organic certification of their winery and 120 hectare vineyard in Rueda, they make a very natural, fresh and fruity Verdejo with lots of personality. There are here distinct types of harvest: green harvesting to throw away the damaged bunches, manual daytime and mechanised night time harvest. The grape bunches are protected by using carbonic snow from the very moment they are picked until they are pressed, so that there is no addition of sulphur. The wine is clean and bright with a straw yellow with green reflections. On the nose there are aromas of white fruit intermingled with hints of herbs – notes of laurel, fennel and thyme. On the palate the wine is dry and balanced with a touch of minerals. An attractive acidity is part of a long and elegant finish. Great with shellfish, seafood, salads and light meals.
- Brut Vallformosa0.75l WhiteNew€10.01 €8.27This Cava (30% Macabeo, 40% Xarel-Lo, 30% Parellada) from the Spanish Penedès is produced by the Masia Vallformosa. It has a pale yellow color with green sparkles and a pleasant mousse, aromas of ripe melon, elderflower and crispy green apple and a lively and long aftertaste. A delicious Cava at a good price point! It fits perfectly as an aperitif or with light meals.
- Brut Reserva Vallformosa0.75l White€12.75 €10.54This Cava (a blend of 30% Macabeo, 40% Xarel-Lo, 30% Parellada) is made by Masia Vallformosa in Penedes, in Spain.
- 2013 No Stone UnturnedOld Vine Garnacha/Carinena Terra Alta D.O.0.75l Red€14.90 €12.31Made from a blend of 62% Garnacha, 23% Carinena and 15% mix of Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, this wine comes from Pepe Fuster’s stone covered 26 hectare vineyard in Terra Alta in Catalonia, north-eastern Spain. The Garnacha vines are nearly 50 years old and this age gives the wine great concentration and intensity with dark, spicy, blackberry fruit that has been seasoned and enhanced by 10 months new French oak barrels. No Stone Unturned is a big, serious wine that is ripe and juicy enough to be enjoyed now but will also last a good 8-10 years in bottle. Serve with cheeses, game and roast meats.
- 2015 No Stone UnturnedOld Vine Garnacha/Carinena Terra Alta D.O.0.75l Red€14.90 €12.31English Master of Wine Ed Adams and South African winemaker Bruce Jack share a love of Spain and make modern, pure wines respecting the indigenous grape varieties. Made from a blend of 60% Garnacha, 25% Carinena and 15% mix of Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, this wine comes a stone-covered 26 hectare vineyard in Terra Alta in Catalonia. The Garnacha vines are nearly 50 years old and this age gives the wine great concentration and intensity with dark, spicy, blackberry fruit that has been seasoned and enhanced by 10 months new French oak barrels. No Stone Unturned is a big, rich wine that is ripe and juicy enough to be enjoyed now but will also last a good 8-10 years in bottle. Serve with cheeses, game and roast meats.