View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 17
- 2017 Castillo De OliteNavarre D.O.0.75l Red€5.00 €4.13Produced from grapes grown in the hillsides of Navarre in the north of Spain, this light and fruity red wine is aromatic and easy drinking. For more than 20 years it has been a great favourite of our clientele. Perfect for every day drinking.
- 2018 Señorio de ArnedoBlanco Rioja D.O.C.0.75l WhiteNew€7.50 €6.20We at Thienpont Wine have found a super value everyday wine in easy to use, but elegant screwcap bottles. Perfect to serve at various festivities. Working with Bodegas Manzanos we have selected a white, rosé and red wine from local grapes grown in Rioja. With fresh fruit flavours, good acidity and an easy drinking style, we are pleased to present our Señorio de Arnedo selection.
- 2018 Señorio de ArnedoTinto Rioja D.O.C.0.75l RedNew€7.50 €6.20We at Thienpont Wine have found a super value everyday wine in easy to use, but elegant screwcap bottles. Perfect to serve at various festivities. Working with Bodegas Manzanos we have selected a white, rosé and red wine from local grapes grown in Rioja. With fresh fruit flavours, good acidity and an easy drinking style, we are pleased to present our Señorio de Arnedo selection.
Available from May
- 2015 Catalan Eagle (BIO)Terra Alta D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€8.70 €7.19Catalan Eagle white is a blend of 60% Garnacha Blanca, 25% Viognier and 15% Roussanne grapes, the two latter grape varieties originally coming from the Rhone. Catalan Eagle takes its name from the bird that soars above the nature reserve close to the 26 hectare organic vineyard in Terra Alta which is near Tarragona in southern Catalonia. This wine has an expressive nose of peaches, pears and grapefruit. On the palate there is minerality, fruit and some warm, spicy notes. Round and full on the palate this is an aromatic wine with good acidity and a rich texture. Enjoy with seafood and paella.
- 2016 The ChargeTempranillo/Garnacha Rioja D.O.C.0.75l Red€8.75 €7.23Our brief for Ed Adams MW was to find us a modern style Rioja with not too much barrel aging so that we could enjoy the bright, fresh cherry fruit flavours of the Tempranillo grape. Working with Bodegas Manzanos in Rioja Baja, he has made a wine with excellent red berry and spicy fruit with refreshing acidity balanced by fine vanilla flavours from aging in a mix of American and French oak. The Charge red is made from 70% Tempranillo & 30% Garnacha grapes, harvested mid September 2016. Ed has increased the percentage of Garnacha with this producer since it is so good! The 2016 is bright and juicy with good generous fruit flavours and an attractive, warm, rich flavour of oak. Drink young alongside roast lamb and stews.
- 2018 Atlantic WayRias Baixas D.O.0.75l White€9.50 €7.85This lively and attractive white wine from the region of Galicia located in the far northwest corner of Spain, beautifully reflects the climate in which it is grown. Located just four kilometers from the Atlantic coast, the wine takes its name from the pilgrim route to Compostela which runs through the area. The wine is green tinged in colour, spicy and crispy on the nose with notes of brine, sea grass and fennel. On the palate it is lively and fruity with notes of plums, peaches and crushed stones. The Bascula wines are made by Ed Adams M.W. in collaboration with South African winemaker Bruce Jack. They are beautifully made, modern wines, reflecting the best wine growing regions of Spain.
- 2016 Atlantic WayRias Baixas D.O.0.75l White€9.50 €7.85Those of you who have already tasted the fresh, modern wines from La Bascula (The Charge, Catalan Eagle and No Stone Unturned) made by South African winemaker Bruce Jack and Master of Wine Ed Adams, will not be surprised to learn that the team is onto another winner with the Atlantic Way Albariño. Fresh, lively and tangy, you can practically feel the Atlantic waves pounding the Galician coast. There is lots of flavour here too with notes of fennel, ferns and fresh herbs, salty acidity and lots of zippy fruit on the palate leading to a long, dry finish. Albariño is having a huge success throughout the wine world at the moment think of a more southern Muscadet with a Spanish twist. This excellent version has already won lots of admirers. Serve as an aperitif or with fresh shellfish or salads presented in a screw-cap this is a fun wine for no-fuss entertaining.
- 2015 Menade (BIO)Verdejo Rueda D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€9.60 €7.93The Sanz siblings, with five generations of winemakers behind them, created MENADE in 2005. Pioneers in the organic certification of their winery and 120 hectare vineyard in Rueda, they make a very natural, fresh and fruity Verdejo with lots of personality. There are here distinct types of harvest: green harvesting to throw away the damaged bunches, manual daytime and mechanised night time harvest. The grape bunches are protected by using carbonic snow from the very moment they are picked until they are pressed, so that there is no addition of sulphur. The wine is clean and bright with a straw yellow with green reflections. On the nose there are aromas of white fruit intermingled with hints of herbs – notes of laurel, fennel and thyme. On the palate the wine is dry and balanced with a touch of minerals. An attractive acidity is part of a long and elegant finish. Great with shellfish, seafood, salads and light meals.
- Brut Vallformosa0.75l White€10.81 €8.93This Cava (30% Macabeo, 40% Xarel-Lo, 30% Parellada) from the Spanish Penedès is produced by the Masia Vallformosa. It has a pale yellow color with green sparkles and a pleasant mousse, aromas of ripe melon, elderflower and crispy green apple and a lively and long aftertaste. A delicious Cava at a good price point! It fits perfectly as an aperitif or with light meals.