Héléne et Laurent Martelet
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€48.10 €39.75This wine benefitted from the lovely summer weather since the vineyard forms an amphitheatre where the sun’s rays are trapped in a small basin of warmth. This is a generous, velvety vintage with lots of body and a touch of sweetness in the nose. On the palate, there are aromas of almond and minerals balanced by a persistent liveliness. In spite of its richness, this is an elegant wine.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€48.35 €39.96One senses the effect of the altitude on this very precise, structured, mineral wine – the generosity of the fruit flavours is balanced by the intensity of the old vines in this magnificent terroir. There is lots of power and length in this wine. Although it is already delicious to drink, it would be a pity not to wait a few more years to drink this when the development of the secondary aromas will add depth and a earthier backdrop to the exuberant fruit.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€48.35 €39.96For the moment, it is the limestone soils of Blagny more than the orchard fruit flavours of the Chardonnay grape that are most expressive in this fine, complex and exciting wine. With time, the quite tight structure will open up to reveal nuances of pear and quince, fresh, crunchy acidity and in the finish, a rich, generous impression of ripe fruit.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€52.65 €43.51The Chérisey Meursault-Blagny 1er Cru La Genelotte comes from a monopole vineyard just north of Blagny on the slope overlooking the village. The 2011 has a pale yellow colour and expressive aromas of spice, almonds, grassy pastures and elderflower blossom. This is a lovely Meursault with lots of character.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€56.20 €46.45This is a magical part of the Côtes de Beaune, a lost hamlet, high up above the village of Meursault ; premier cru vineyards that are on average 60 years old ; lots of limestone rocks in the soils and lots of freshness and minerality in the wines and finally a great winemaker called Laurent Martelet. That Blagny is less well-known is a great advantage to wine lovers and sommeliers as the price of these wines is reasonable considering the quality. Round and fruity in the nose with citrus notes mixed with spring flowers, the palate is full yet with great freshness ; on the finish there are notes of pears, grilled hazelnuts and butter. This is a white wine that can age well for at least five years after the vintage.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l White€56.20 €46.45Perched up on the hillside amongst the premier crus, the altitude was a wonderful mitigating factor to the rich vintage of 2015. There is more acidity and tension here than in many 2015 white Burgundies and the Chardonnay is more citrus than orchard flavoured with notes of verbena, orange peel and some white pepper. Laurent Martelet made the 2015 vintage in a very controlled way not wanting to overdo the ripe character and the result is a very fine,well balanced wine which will drink beautifully over the next five years.