THE grape variety of Sherry, Palomino is an old Andalucian variety that is well suited to hot, dry and sunny sites. It became the variety of choice for sherry production in the 16th century due to its productivity and ready availability. The wines that it produces are fairly neutral in taste and low in acidity and since the grapes are usually picked quite early, also low in alcohol. They serve as the base wine for a large range of Sherries from fino to amontillado.
Items 1-9 of 10
- Fino En Rama Jerez de la Frontera0.375l White€11.20 €9.26De Finos "en rama" zijn speciale fino partijen die enorm worden gewaardeerd door de echte liefhebbers van Jerez. Getrokken tijdens de lente en de herfst van de beste vaten in de solera, wanneer de gistlaag of de "flor" op zijn dikst is. Finos en Rama hebben dragen steeds de datum van botteling en worden enkel in halve flesjes verkocht, dit omdat het beter is om ze na de opening vrij snel te consumeren. Dit kan geen probleem vormen, aangezien ze niet gefilterd zijn, een rijke, droge en natuurlijke smaak hebben met veel flor karakter, aroma’s van amandelen, groene appels en zoute tonen in de afdronk. Kortom, de "en rama" zijn echt gastronomisch Jerez’, om te ontdekken.
- Fino Classic Dry-Sec Jerez de la Frontera0.75l White€13.00 €10.74A fino with a bright pale yellow colour, very fresh and bone dry and above all a mouthwatering acidity which stimulates the taste buds. With smokey aromas of roasted almonds on the nose, the palate is very long with a pure, clean finish.
- La Bodega - Vinagre de Jerez al Pedro Ximenez "Reserva" Jerez de la Frontera0.25l White€18.00 €16.98
- Oloroso Antique Jerez de la Frontera0.5l White€28.25 €23.35This sherry is made from the native grape, Palomino Fino which comes from older vines on the estate vineyard “Pago Balbaino” of white albariza soils containing 70-80% limestone. The wine is fortified early on in the winemaking process with grape spirit so that the cap of ‘flor’ yeast doesn’t grow (as in fino sherry) and it undergoes oxidative ageing. It is aged for 30 years using the soleras and criaderas system. It is a complex sherry, with aromas such as dry fruit, hazelnuts, chocolate and sweet spices . The sherry’s concentration gives it a very pure, almost saline finish on the palate which make the sherry incredibly appetizing. A beautiful sherry to serve with nuts or aged cheeses.
- Palo Cortado Antique Jerez de la Frontera0.5l White€28.25 €23.35For devoted sherry lovers, Palo Cortado is often their favourite category. The Fernando de Castillo Antique range represents the premium wines of the house. All of these wines are single-solera, which means they’re matured in one solera system, rather than being a blend of different soleras that have aged separately. A highly awarded wine which seems still to be reasonably priced, there are very expressive, elegant aromas on the nose with orange marmalade , fresh hints of citrus, roasted nuts with marzipan and caramel. On the palate it is beautifully balanced between full flavours, some spice and figs, and the characteristic acidity and salty tang which distinguish many of this bodega’s sherries.
- Amontillado Antique Canister Jerez de la Frontera0.5l White€29.80 €24.63This is the favourite sherry of owner Jan Pettersen and has won many prizes as well as receiving great reviews. It comes from a very old Fino solera (8 years old) and is fortified with brand to 16°-18° before being added to the Amontillado solera where it ages for a further 12 years. This is probably the most serious and austere Sherry in the portfolio with its rich dark gold colour with amber green hints. The wine has a wonderful balance between fresh purity and complex flavours honey, hazelnuts, almonds, orange peel, caramel with fantastic acidity. A very special Sherry to serve with goose liver paté, tapas, chorizo and pata negra.