Sylvie and Jacques Guinadeau
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 24
- Bordeaux Supérieur0.75l RedPrimeur€61.71 €51.00This wine is the evolution of the Acte series which were grown in Fronsac at the Guinaudeau family home and are where the massale selection of Bouchet Franc (a local clone of Cabernet Franc) are grown in a vineyard that is just over three hectares large. Made from 51% Bouchet and 49% Merlot, this is a very vibrant wine with flavours of rosehips, redcurrant and cherries with undertones of tobacco, minerals and stones. Refined, fresh and lithe, this is a gorgeous wine really suited to the 2018 vintage. It is lovely to see how Acte has grown up to become a beautiful wine on its own.
- 2018 Les Champs LibresBordeaux0.75l WhitePrimeur€61.71 €51.00Another wine from the Guinaudeaus of Lafleur stable, this time their very classy white wine made from barrel fermented Sauvignon Blanc grapes. My colleague, Julia Harding MW, calls this wine the Chablis of Bordeaux and there is great acidity and intensity present here. The fruit flavours are quite tropical combined with white flowers, citrus and a creamy lees structure. A very successful, modern white Bordeaux.
- Pomerol0.75l Red€108.50 €89.67This second wine of Lafleur is quite light but very pretty with good persistence and spicy red fruit character. A blend of 69% Merlot and 31% Cabernet Franc with notes of violets, fresh fruit and good tannins.
- Pomerol0.75l Red€132.70 €109.67This very impressive second wine is made from a blend of 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc. Dark, with a pretty crimson colour, medium weight but pretty and lively on the attack, long and textured with great flavours of blackberry, minerals and truffle. I love the long, silky structure of this very smart, sophisticated wine that beats many other Pomerols. Ambitious and delicious. Drink 2021-2036
- Pomerol0.75l Red€135.80 €112.23Deeper and more serious Pomerol than it used to be with a blend of 52% Merlot and 48% Cabernet Franc (which Baptiste Guinaudeau prefers to call Bouchet since it is the old name for the Cabernet Franc found here). A lot of Pensées’ 70 are vineyard has been re-grafted whic makes the wine much more elegant and fresh. Great tenderness, here with plums and chocolate like flavours. Delicious.