Located between the vineyards of Vosne-Romanée, Chambolle Musigny and the Clos de Vougeot in the Côtes de Nuits, this east facing Grand Cru was founded by the monks of the abbey of Cîteaux and date from the 12th and 13th centuries. Their name derives from chesaux, a word of Gallo-Roman origin meaning a group of dwellings, presumably referring to an ancient hamlet. It produces red wines from the Pinot Noir grape.
Echezeaux is the fourth largest Grand Cru vineyard in the Côte d’Or (after Corton, Corton-Charlemagne and Clos de Vougeot). Like the Clos de Vougeot, it is also divided up amongst over 80 producers for its 38 hectares of vines and so there are varying degrees of quality.
The wines have a rich, full-bodied character with berry and gamey flavours. Usually fruity and expressive in the nose, they have good body, rather a feminine style similar to Chambolle and round, soft tannins. Echezeaux wines can age for a decade or so after the vintage.
- 0.75l2014 Domaine Jean GrivotÉchezeauxGrand Cru 0.75l Red€247.80 €204.79
- 0.75l2017 Domaine Jean GrivotÉchezeauxGrand Cru 0.75l Red€297.00 €245.45
- 0.75l2018 Domaine Jean GrivotÉchezeauxGrand Cru 0.75l Red€297.00 €245.45
- 0.75l2019 Domaine Jean GrivotÉchezeauxGrand Cru 0.75l Red€370.00 €305.79
- 0.75l2020 Domaine Jean GrivotÉchezeauxGrand Cru 0.75l Red€445.00 €367.77