View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 39
- 2018 Château Puy-BlanquetSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0.75l RedPrimeur€19.00 €15.70This well-situated estate on the top of the limestone plateau has made a very successful wine this year which could turn out to be one of the vintage’s best bargains. Made from 85%Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5%CS, the wine has a dark ruby colour; a pretty, fruity, grapey nose; nice tension and tangy freshness, silky on entry with good spice and a touch of sweetness. It is a well put together, attractive wine with lovely berry fruit expression and a soft, silky finish.
- 2018 Château LagrangePomerol0.75l RedPrimeur€34.55 €28.55Another 100% Merlot from the stable of JP Moueix grown on gravelly soils on clay and old blue clay. It has a dark quite plummy nose is fresh on attack with attractive, very classic, berry flavours, good spice, cedar and mint. It is silky on the palate, with the fine tannins coming out to balance the lush fruit. A reasonably priced, classic Pomerol with lovely richness that will age well for medium term drinking.
- Pomerol0.75l RedNew€37.99 €31.40Made from 100% Merlo grapes grown in deep gravel and clay for 2/3 and Clay and Loam for 1/3 of the 8 hectares. Dark purple colour; fresh, juicy cherry aromas, decent attack and then quite structured with round, generous tannins.
- Pomerol0.75l RedPrimeur€40.15 €33.18Made from 100% Merlot grapes, this is a very appealing, wine with a fresh nose of berry fruit, cherries, earth, cinnamon and truffles. There is nice precision mid-palate, with lifted fruit, good intensity where the oak and tannins are well integrated. Silky, gracious and elegant – a lovely Pomerol for medium age drinking. Well-made rich and very fine.
- 2018 Château La GravePomerol0.75l RedPrimeur€43.34 €35.82Grown on an eight-hectare estate comprised of gravel and fine silty soil on the slope leading down to the Route National. A blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc produces an attractive, medium bodied wine with very good aromas of cherry, rosehips and blackberries. Fresh, round and silky with good freshness and ripe tannins.
- Pomerol0.75l Red€53.55 €44.26A well-located small estate on the plateau of Pomerol that takes its name from its illustrious neighbours. Soft, ripe and fresh on the nose, pretty sustained dark crimson colour; Black fruit and spicy aromas of lapsong tea and black peppers, with good structure and freshness on the palate. A classic wine for medium term drinking.