Côtes de Beaune
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 13
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.10 €39.75This wine benefitted from the lovely summer weather since the vineyard forms an amphitheatre where the sun’s rays are trapped in a small basin of warmth. This is a generous, velvety vintage with lots of body and a touch of sweetness in the nose. On the palate, there are aromas of almond and minerals balanced by a persistent liveliness. In spite of its richness, this is an elegant wine.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.10 €39.75In spite of the challenges of this vintage and its variable weather patterns, Laurent Martelet has made round and generous wines this year, albeit with very small yields. Expressive nose of white flowers and orchard fruits, a lovely richness on the palate and a round and suave mouth feel with a pretty touch of acidity on the finish.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.35 €39.96One senses the effect of the altitude on this very precise, structured, mineral wine – the generosity of the fruit flavours is balanced by the intensity of the old vines in this magnificent terroir. There is lots of power and length in this wine. Although it is already delicious to drink, it would be a pity not to wait a few more years to drink this when the development of the secondary aromas will add depth and a earthier backdrop to the exuberant fruit.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.35 €39.96For the moment, it is the limestone soils of Blagny more than the orchard fruit flavours of the Chardonnay grape that are most expressive in this fine, complex and exciting wine. With time, the quite tight structure will open up to reveal nuances of pear and quince, fresh, crunchy acidity and in the finish, a rich, generous impression of ripe fruit.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€49.01 €40.50A vintage with lots of life and intensity; the nose is fresh and scented with notes of white flowers, mint, fresh herbs and aromas of bleached limestone. On the palate, the wine has orchard fruit notes, almonds and minerals, all wrapped up in a long, fresh vein of acidity.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€52.65 €43.51The Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Hameau de Blagny comes from vineyards lying to the south of the village of Blagny at the same altitude just above Puligny Truffières. This wine combines the power and richness of a Meursault with the finesse and minerality of a Puligny. It has a bright lemon yellow colour, good fine aromas in the nose which is fresh, balanced and pure. Aromas of wild flowers, hazelnut hedgerows and wild grasses are expressive and pretty and are in perfect balance with the more discrete, fine notes coming from the oak barrels. Long and fresh in the finish.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€52.65 €43.51The Chérisey Meursault-Blagny 1er Cru La Genelotte comes from a monopole vineyard just north of Blagny on the slope overlooking the village. The 2011 has a pale yellow colour and expressive aromas of spice, almonds, grassy pastures and elderflower blossom. This is a lovely Meursault with lots of character.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€56.20 €46.45