Côtes de Beaune
View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 28
- 2016 Domaine David MoretSaint-Romain0,75l WhiteNew€30.30 €25.04Saint Romain is located in a valley to the west of Auxey-Duresses in the direction of the Hautes Côtes de Beaune where just over half the production is white wine. After both the alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in 25% new oak barrels, the wine is aged for 12 months in oak and a further 6 months in bottle. The wine is dry with notes of honey, acacia blossom and almonds on the nose. Floral notes develop on the palate then pear, almonds and a touch of quince. A lovely wine with lingering mineral notes.
- Chassagne-Montrachet0,75l Red€33.00 €27.27Pretty and soft in the nose with aromas of redcurrant and blood orange; juicy and fresh with lovely concentration mid palate; flavours of pata negra and spice. Long and fine.
- Bois de Blagny Meursault Village0,75l White€36.80 €30.41This village wine comes from young vines planted in 2013 with a 20 ares planted in 2006. At almost 400 metres and on a very steep soil, the grapes grow in clay-limestone soils which have excellent drainage. A little cooler and more rustic than the soils of the Puligny, the terroir here brings lots of aromatic complexity to the wines. Laurent Martelet describes his winemaking goals as both traditional and aimed at finding the purest expression of his « climats ». The wine was aged for 60% in oak and 40% in stainless steel for just over a year so as not to mask the lovely character of the fruit. This wine has great character, a nose of white flowers and almond blossom with a touch of honey ; on the palate the wine is both racy and generous. Drink now for the next 2-3 years.
- Chassagne-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l Red€45.00 €37.19This is a monopole premier cru situated within the estate. Fresh and vibrant with aromas of sloes and violets underlain with spicy notes, this is an exuberant, bright wine with great freshness and richness. Very exciting.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.10 €39.75In spite of the challenges of this vintage and its variable weather patterns, Laurent Martelet has made round and generous wines this year, albeit with very small yields. Expressive nose of white flowers and orchard fruits, a lovely richness on the palate and a round and suave mouth feel with a pretty touch of acidity on the finish.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.10 €39.75This wine benefitted from the lovely summer weather since the vineyard forms an amphitheatre where the sun’s rays are trapped in a small basin of warmth. This is a generous, velvety vintage with lots of body and a touch of sweetness in the nose. On the palate, there are aromas of almond and minerals balanced by a persistent liveliness. In spite of its richness, this is an elegant wine.
- La Genelotte Meursault-BlagnyPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.35 €39.96One senses the effect of the altitude on this very precise, structured, mineral wine – the generosity of the fruit flavours is balanced by the intensity of the old vines in this magnificent terroir. There is lots of power and length in this wine. Although it is already delicious to drink, it would be a pity not to wait a few more years to drink this when the development of the secondary aromas will add depth and a earthier backdrop to the exuberant fruit.
- Hameau de Blagny Puligny-MontrachetPremier Cru Supérieur 0,75l White€48.35 €39.96For the moment, it is the limestone soils of Blagny more than the orchard fruit flavours of the Chardonnay grape that are most expressive in this fine, complex and exciting wine. With time, the quite tight structure will open up to reveal nuances of pear and quince, fresh, crunchy acidity and in the finish, a rich, generous impression of ripe fruit.