View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 44
- 2014 Castillo De OliteNavarre D.O.0.75l Red€4.90 €4.05Produced from grapes grown in the hillsides of Navarre in the north of Spain, this light and fruity red wine is aromatic and easy drinking. For more than 20 years it has been a great favourite of our clientele. Perfect for every day drinking.
- 2016 Castillo De OliteNavarre D.O.0.75l Red€5.00 €4.13De "Castillo de Olite" wordt geproduceerd in de heuvels van Navarra ten noorden van Spanje. Deze lichte, fruitige en aromatische rode wijn is de grote favoriet van onze klanten. Deze wijn met zijn fruitige en frisse aroma's is zeer gemakkelijk te drinken als dagelijkse wijn.
- 2017 Castillo De OliteNavarre D.O.0.75l Red€5.00 €4.13Produced from grapes grown in the hillsides of Navarre in the north of Spain, this light and fruity red wine is aromatic and easy drinking. For more than 20 years it has been a great favourite of our clientele. Perfect for every day drinking.
- 2015 Château FontarècheCuvée Pierre Mignard Corbières0.75l Red€6.59 €5.45Made by Arnaud de Lamy, previously a director of Château La Conseillante in Pomerol, at his historic family estate. A dark purple-ruby colour with a spicy, lighlty oaked nose showing aromas of blackberries and prunes. The palate is round, supple and full of character. The terroir of Corbières is well-suited to the classic Rhône varieties - such as Syrah, Mourvèdre, Carignan and Grenache which are very prettily blended in this wine.
- 2016 Château FontarècheCuvée Pierre Mignard Corbières0.75l Red€6.80 €5.62This good value Corbières has become a mainstay of our selection. It is made by Arnaud de Lamy, previously a director of Château La Conseillante in Pomerol, at his historic family estate. The wine has a dark, intense colour, good plummy nose with touches of cedar, spice and plums. On the palate the wine has flavours of bitter cherries, sloes and spice. Good Rhône flavours predominate on the finish. An easy wine for current drinking to serve with stews, paté and other meat dishes.
- 2015 Réserve PasserelMontpeyroux0.75l Red€7.20 €5.95A well-known appellation, the village of Montpeyroux was a famous 14th century fortress and the summer residence of the bishops of Montpellier. Its wines were well known for their rich character. Here in the Hérault the climate is sunny and dry with stony soils of limestone, garrigue and pebbles and the Syrah grape grows well alongside Grenache and Carignan. The grapes are given a long maceration to bring out the fruity flavours. The wine has a dark, pretty purple colour, a fresh nose with smoky, autumn fruit flavours, floral notes of violets and iris and more spicy, earthy flavours on the palate. The Syrah grape dominates here and there is a long, perfumed finish. Drink this wine with game, roast meats and cheeses. Drink : now - 2018.
- 2016 The ChargeTempranillo/Garnacha Rioja D.O.C.0.75l Red€8.75 €7.23Our brief for Ed Adams MW was to find us a modern style Rioja with not too much barrel aging so that we could enjoy the bright, fresh cherry fruit flavours of the Tempranillo grape. Working with Bodegas Manzanos in Rioja Baja, he has made a wine with excellent red berry and spicy fruit with refreshing acidity balanced by fine vanilla flavours from aging in a mix of American and French oak. The Charge red is made from 70% Tempranillo & 30% Garnacha grapes, harvested mid September 2016. Ed has increased the percentage of Garnacha with this producer since it is so good! The 2016 is bright and juicy with good generous fruit flavours and an attractive, warm, rich flavour of oak. Drink young alongside roast lamb and stews.
- Côtes du Rhône Villages0.75l RedBio€9.20 €7.60One of the great domaines of the Rhone making authentic and full-bodied, bio wines. Like the famous Château La Nerthe, the estate is managed by Alain Dugas and is magnificently situated in Sérignan, in the north of Orange. It is predominantly planted with Grenache with smaller quantities of Syrah, Cinsault, Mourvèdre and Carignan vines which are on average 40 years old. This vintage has already amassed a slew of medals and awards and is noted for its intense, complex nose which has toasty aromas, sweet spice and concentrated red fruit. The palate is very harmonious, round, fresh and velvety-smooth. Ready to drink now. A perfect match for game.