The blending partner for Marsanne, this northern Rhône grape variety has attractive aromas of spring blossom, verbena and meadow flowers. It has lovely acidity and good ageability. In spite of its elegant character, today there is more Marsanne planted than Roussanne because it is a difficult grape to grow as it ripens late and is susceptible to mildew and botrytis.
- 2016 Château La PagèzeLa Clape0,75l WhiteNew€7.20 €5.95A lovely wine from the Languedoc from the well-known appellation of La Clape where the vineyards lie on a limestone plateau facing the rising sun and the Mediterranean sea. Produced from a blend of Roussanne and Grenache Blanc grapes, there is good persistence and fresh flavours here with nice round orchard fruit and a long, clean, refreshing taste. A good value everyday wine for vegetable dishes, seafood, fish and spicy dishes. Drink : 2017-2018.
- 2015 Catalan EagleTerra Alta D.O.0,75l WhiteBio€8.70 €7.19Catalan Eagle white is a blend of 60% Garnacha Blanca, 25% Viognier and 15% Roussanne grapes, the two latter grape varieties originally coming from the Rhone. Catalan Eagle takes its name from the bird that soars above the nature reserve close to the 26 hectare organic vineyard in Terra Alta which is near Tarragona in southern Catalonia. This wine has an expressive nose of peaches, pears and grapefruit. On the palate there is minerality, fruit and some warm, spicy notes. Round and full on the palate this is an aromatic wine with good acidity and a rich texture. Enjoy with seafood and paella.
- 2016 Château ValcombeEpicure Blanc Ventoux0,75l WhiteBio€12.20 €10.08The 2016 is a big success for this young estate. An attractive blend of 40% Grenache Blanc, 20% Roussane, 20% Clairette and 20% Bourboulenc from old vines farmed organically produce an expressive wine with notes of white flowers and orchard fruits in the nose. On the palate the wine has an attractive roundness, aromas of fruit, oak and wild flowers with good acidity which leads to a long and complex finish. A very appetising wine to enjoy with light meals – vegetarian dishes, fish and salads.
- 2013 Château La NertheChâteauneuf-du-Pape0,75l White€29.20 €24.13The 2013 vintage was harvested very late with a very small quantity of grapes. In spite of this the wine has a very pretty acidity and lots of aromas. Like its red brother, this white Chateauneuf du Pape is made from rich blend of different grapes: Roussance 38%, White Grenache 31%, Clairette 16% and Bourboulenc 15%. The wine has a very bright pale yellow colour with green tinges. The nose is intense with aromas of grapefruit, white flowers and lemon tart. It is balanced by a fine and subtle oak. On the palate the wine has lots of freshness, good roundness, aromatic purity and a long finish with notes of lychees and apricots.
- 2014 Château La NertheChâteauneuf-du-Pape0,75l White€29.95 €24.75A blend of Grenache Blanc 35 % , Roussanne 33 %, Bourboulenc 18 % and Clairette 14 % is used in this blend. The Roussanne grapes are fermented in French oak barrels (1/3 new) and then aged on their fine lees. The other grape varieties are first vinified in stainless steel tanks at cool temperatures and then aged on their fine lees. The result is a pale yellow wine with green reflections; the aromas are expressive with nuaunces of white peaches, brioche and citrus fruit. There is a beautiful freshess on the attack leading to a wine that is quite rich and round with the same flavours of white fruits with a hint of baked apples. The finish is long with a roasted note accompanied by floral tones, then pineapple – all of which are wrapped in a lovely sweetness? A very great white wine to serve with grilled fish, poultry, vegetarian dishes or cheeses.
- 2015 Château La NertheChâteauneuf-du-Pape0,75l White€30.60 €25.29We love the intensity and the finesse of this 2015 vintage with its fabulous aromas of white plums and grapefruit. Made from a blend of Grenache Blanc 35 % , Roussanne 33 %, Bourboulenc 18 % and Clairette 14 %, the Roussanne grapes are fermented in French oak barrels (1/3 new) and then aged on their fine lees. The other grape varieties are first vinified in stainless steel tanks at cool temperatures and then aged on their fine lees. Combining freshness with density, fruit concentration with very pure, organic minerality, this is a very impressive wine which has won much acclaim. It will age well for the next five years and is lovely served with grilled fish, poultry, vegetarian dishes or cheeses.