View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 22
- 2013 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€23.60 €19.50Expressive and fruity on the nose with notes of cassis, prunes and a touch of cedar. Open and fruit at the start, the wine develops a more austere character on the palate. The finish is fresh with a lovely persistence. Very well-made.
- 2017 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l RedPrimeur€26.62 €22.00Nice freshness, good plummy fruit and brightness with red and black-berried fruit making this taste more like Pauillac than St. Estèphe. Aged in 45% new barrels, the oak adds an attractive, creamy dimension to the wine. This is an impressive wine, well made and with lovely balance, round tannins, fresh and perfumed on the palate; attractive for early drinking and silky and fresh on the finish. A good value.
- 2014 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€26.80 €22.15A blend of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, this very expressive wine with aromas of black cherry, lavender and violet in the nose is followed by a richer and darker palate with supple tannins and a good freshness. A touch of minerality on the finish. One of our favourites which always gives lots of pleasure.
- 2012 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€28.21 €23.31Very deep in colour, bright and rich; the nose is very appealling with prune and bramble aromas, the palate is rich, oaked with well-rpined fruit and a fine thread of acidity; lovely fruit concentration and showing lots of promise.
- 2011 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€29.20 €24.13Very deep cherry-black colour, intense and rich on the nose with aromas of cherry, cassis and prunes. Quite spicy at the start with oaky note and pretty freshness on the mid-palate. Good fruit concentration in the mouth. An appealling wine, to be drunk young.
- 2015 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€30.25 €25.00Owned and made by the Cazes family of Lynch Bages, this attractive Cru Bourgeois is quite a traditional Bordeaux with a good blend of Cabernet fruit flavours (blackcurrant, plum and dark cherry) which marries well with deeper tones of cedar, minerals, earth and liquorice. Easier to drink and softer in texture than past vintages, this will be lovely to drink in the short to mid term when the fruit is at the forefront.
- 2016 Chateau Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe0.75l Red€30.70 €25.37Across the board, the wines from St. Estèphe are a success this year, benefitting from the long growing season. One of the leading cru bourgeois of the appellation, this Cazes-owned wine is really attractive. Dark intense colour, creamy and soft in the nose with lots of dark berried fruit, sweet on the attack, full and fresh, lovely roundness, lots of fruit which mixes well with the tannins. A success.
- 2013 Château Ormes de PezSaint-Estèphe1.5l Red€49.20 €40.66Expressive and fruity on the nose with notes of cassis, prunes and a touch of cedar. Open and fruit at the start, the wine develops a more austere character on the palate. The finish is fresh with a lovely persistence. Very well-made.