View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 15
- Pessac-LéognanGraves Cru Classé 0.75l RedNew€324.59 €268.26A blend of 56% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Cabernet Franc, the first impression is of balance and restraint. Lovely briar and sloe flavours in the nose, mineral, graphite aromas that lead to a long and fruity nose woven with earthy and smoky notes. As good as the impressive 2001, this wine will always lie in the shadow of the 2015 and 2016 which is a pity because this is a great wine.
- Pessac-LéognanGraves Cru Classé 0.75l Red€458.00 €378.51The harvest at La Mission and Haut Brion was one of the most drawn out ever. The patience has been rewarded. This is a very smart wine; polished, glossy with deep, ripe black fruit character, on the palate the wine opens up to reveal perfectly pitched fresh fruit, very elegant tannins and a very long deeply satisfying finish. Everything is in balance here and it makes great winemaking look easy. Drink 2026-2050
- 2016 Château Haut-BrionPessac-LéognanPremier Cru Supérieur 0.75l Red€569.00 €470.25Probably the most consistently great wine in Bordeaux and beautifully managed by Jean-Philippe Delmas who took over from his father. “This year, we did everything to preserve the acidity and freshness that highlighted the differences between the domains and bought out their identities” he explained. The result is a beautifully balanced wine, vivid and classy with expressive aromas of plums, crushed stones, tobacco, cherry stones, smoke and leather. Very typical of the domain, the palate has lots of sweet, fresh plummy fruit underlain by a great, firm tannic structure. Very polished and elegant; a beauty. Drink 2028-2050
- Pessac-Léognan0.75l White€653.40 €540.00Expressive and very charming, but without the concentration of Haut-Brion Blanc. The nose has aromas of grapefruit, figs, mint and orange blossom. The palate is smooth with crisp acidity and unoaked. Fresh and elegant, the wine finishes with great purity and balance.
- Pessac-Léognan0.75l White€663.20 €548.10This is the first time in history that La Mission Blanc has more Sauvignon Blanc (63%) than Semillon (27%) in its blend. As a result the wine is taut and energetic like a thoroughbred racehorse. It has clear flavours of lime blossom, citrus fruits and stony minerality with great structure and depth. Unusual for La Mission, the 2016 is nevertheless a very exciting expression of Sauvignon. Drink : 2020-2030.