View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 114
- 2017 Domaine DavidClos du Ferré Muscadet-Sèvre-et-Maine0.75l White€7.45 €6.16Muscadet is simply the best wine to drink with oysters ; both salty and fruity at the same time, it has the tangy acidity which brings out the freshness in shellfish and notes of citrus fruit and pears which add a further dimension of taste. The Clos du Ferré 2017 has an expressive nose of lavender, mint and William’s pears and was harvested at the end of August 2017. It is a very open and generous wine with lovely minerality, peachstone and schist flavours and a lingering note of yeasty, umami flavour. Drink now with oysters, langoustines and fresh seafood.
- 2018 Señorio de ArnedoBlanco Rioja D.O.C.0.75l WhiteNew€7.50 €6.20We at Thienpont Wine have found a super value everyday wine in easy to use, but elegant screwcap bottles. Perfect to serve at various festivities. Working with Bodegas Manzanos we have selected a white, rosé and red wine from local grapes grown in Rioja. With fresh fruit flavours, good acidity and an easy drinking style, we are pleased to present our Señorio de Arnedo selection.
- 2015 Catalan Eagle (BIO)Terra Alta D.O.0.75l WhiteBio€8.70 €7.19Catalan Eagle white is a blend of 60% Garnacha Blanca, 25% Viognier and 15% Roussanne grapes, the two latter grape varieties originally coming from the Rhone. Catalan Eagle takes its name from the bird that soars above the nature reserve close to the 26 hectare organic vineyard in Terra Alta which is near Tarragona in southern Catalonia. This wine has an expressive nose of peaches, pears and grapefruit. On the palate there is minerality, fruit and some warm, spicy notes. Round and full on the palate this is an aromatic wine with good acidity and a rich texture. Enjoy with seafood and paella.
- 2017 Château de RespideClassique Graves0.75l WhiteNew€9.00 €7.44Chateau De Respide is a very well-made, modern Graves produced from a blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc and 40% Semillon grapes. After picking, the grapes go through a short period of maceration on the skins before aging on their fine lees. The wine has a bright pale yellow colour, an expressive nose of white blossom, citrus fruit and fresh meadows and on the palate the wine is attractively fruity, balanced and persistent with a very refreshing zesty finish. Chateau De Respide is one of the oldest wine estates in Bordeaux, belonging formerly to Louis XIV’s police officers. The painter Toulouse Lautrec was a frequent visitor and although the château was later sold, the vineyards and cellars have been in the hands of the Bonnet family since the 1950s.
- Thienpont Selection Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77This is one of the Thienpont favourites that we have imported for many years and comes from one of the most famous sweet wine appellations of the Loire. The wine has an attractive fresh and expressive nose and fruity notes of lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts. Serve chilled.
- Faye-d'Anjou Coteaux-du-Layon0.75l White€9.40 €7.77The fruity, fresh start leads into a supple, sweet and viscous palate that is flavoured with lychee, melon and pears. Perfect as an aperitif or to accompany cakes and fruit tarts.
- 2016 Atlantic WayRias Baixas D.O.0.75l White€9.50 €7.85Those of you who have already tasted the fresh, modern wines from La Bascula (The Charge, Catalan Eagle and No Stone Unturned) made by South African winemaker Bruce Jack and Master of Wine Ed Adams, will not be surprised to learn that the team is onto another winner with the Atlantic Way Albariño. Fresh, lively and tangy, you can practically feel the Atlantic waves pounding the Galician coast. There is lots of flavour here too with notes of fennel, ferns and fresh herbs, salty acidity and lots of zippy fruit on the palate leading to a long, dry finish. Albariño is having a huge success throughout the wine world at the moment think of a more southern Muscadet with a Spanish twist. This excellent version has already won lots of admirers. Serve as an aperitif or with fresh shellfish or salads presented in a screw-cap this is a fun wine for no-fuss entertaining.
- 2018 Atlantic WayRias Baixas D.O.0.75l White€9.50 €7.85This lively and attractive white wine from the region of Galicia located in the far northwest corner of Spain, beautifully reflects the climate in which it is grown. Located just four kilometers from the Atlantic coast, the wine takes its name from the pilgrim route to Compostela which runs through the area. The wine is green tinged in colour, spicy and crispy on the nose with notes of brine, sea grass and fennel. On the palate it is lively and fruity with notes of plums, peaches and crushed stones. The Bascula wines are made by Ed Adams M.W. in collaboration with South African winemaker Bruce Jack. They are beautifully made, modern wines, reflecting the best wine growing regions of Spain.