View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 82
- MédocCru Bourgeois 0.75l RedPrimeur€9.30 €7.69Much appreciated for its freshness and precision this year, this well-known, good value Bordeaux has a dark ruby red colour, an inviting nose of berried fruit with a touch of oak and mint and a round, juicy taste. The tannins are firm but round and there is lingering acidity and a lively finish to this attractive wine.
- 2017 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.75l RedPrimeur€12.50 €10.33Made from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc with about half of the vineyard damaged by frost. Extremely juicy, fruity, cassis flavours in the nose; soft and ripe on the palate, very forward and sweet with attractive spice; round and soft, finish. Very attractive.
- 2017 Château de CarlesFronsac0.75l RedPrimeur€12.50 €10.33This is a vintage which suits de Carles and its later ripening vineyards. Very dark with crimson notes, quite rich and powerful in the nose, dark autumn fruits and a touch of cedar, lots of thick, creamy texture and then sweetness from the ripe fruit and oak barrels. Lots of character and flavour reaching right through to the finish.
- 2017 Château La ChenadeLalande-de-Pomerol0.75l RedPrimeur€17.30 €14.30Only 800 cases were made this year so our allocation of this wine has been halfed as a result of the frost. Made from a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, the wine is deep purple crimson in colour, bright, fruity and plummy. It has black fruit flavours, a lifted, fresh texture, nice balance and weight, and slightly chewy tannins. Well-made.
- 2017 Château Puy-BlanquetSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0.75l RedPrimeur€17.70 €14.63Out of stockHalf of the crop was lost to the frost this year. The remaining wine is a blend of 75% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. Pretty purple colour. Nice scented red fruit character with hints of coffee and some oak. .Sweet and spicy on the attack with good tannins, good balance and an attractive sweet finish.
- 2017 Château MontlandrieCastillon, Côtes de Bordeaux0.75l RedPrimeur€20.30 €16.78Denis Durantou’s Côtes de Castillon is one of his favourite wines of 2017 and certainly it charms with its bright deep crimson colour, its very fresh flavours of small blackberries and sloes and its very attractive silky, zippy texture. There is good depth of flavour, fine tannins and a tight, mineral finish.
- 2017 Château CouhinsPessac-Léognan0.75l RedPrimeur€20.80 €17.19Dark intense colour with purple rim, lots of good autumn berry flavours in the nose with classic graphite undertones. Good precise attack with plummy fruit, good tannins which are very present and a balanced palate;tight and quite structured on the palate but with good lift and acidity.
- 2017 Château PotensacMédocCru Bourgeois 0.75l RedPrimeur€23.60 €19.50Out of stockBright and vivid colour and very good persistence in the nose. Lovely fruit and good intensity wirh lovely berry fruit on the attack, some minerals and very good, crunchy tannic structure. A favourite wine which represents good value and should develop very well over the next 5-10 years. Only 55% of the production this year as a result of the frosts.
- Saint-Julien0.75l RedPrimeur€24.60 €20.33A lovely wine in spite of obvious frost damage, this is pretty and fresh with lovely sweet, ripe cassis flavours, soft almost, tender, good core of freshness mid-palate; a little oaky towards the finish which has yet to integrated but still an attractive wine.