View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 72
- MédocCru Bourgeois 0,75l RedPrimeur€9.99 €8.26An attractive Cru Bourgeois made in the north of the Médoc by the talented grandsons of Marc Pages. Bright dark violet colour, fresh, sweet and fruity on the nose with good blackcurrant flavour, firmly structured palate and a fresh, lively finish. Great value.
- Francs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l WhitePrimeur€12.50 €10.33Purchased by Nicolas Thienpont in 1988, the estate produces a fine white wine which rivals better known Bordeaux. This year there is more Sauvignon in the wine than usual, with the blend being 20% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Sauvignon Gris and 50% Semillon. Pale lemon colour with ripe orchard fruit aromas, fresh and good spicy flavours with lots of acidity, lots of personality, wild flowers, grapefruit, apple blossom, oak ; pretty.
- 2016 Château de CarlesFronsac0,75l RedPrimeur€13.15 €10.87A lovely wine from Fronsac with good ambitions: Medium red colour; pleasant, fresh red fruit on the nose; attractive taste of spice, sweet, vanilla, liquorice, and ripe, plummy fruit. An attractive, round and generous wine with a good sweet long finish.
- 2016 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l RedPrimeur€13.30 €10.99Located in Saint Cibard, near the Thienpont family home, Nicolas bought this estate in 2000 on the limestone plateau and this wine always has a note of freshness from this soil. The 2016 is very attractive and perfumed, rich in the nose with a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Franc. There is lots of dense Merlot fruit here, great freshness and personality. A lovely wine with good fruit and spicy intensity.
- 2016 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l RedPrimeur€13.65 €11.28Purchased by Georges Thienpont in 1946 and home to his family of 13 children, Puygueraud is a testament to the Thienpont family who put the Côtes de Francs on the Bordeaux wine map. This is a really charming vintage with a dark crimson colour, fresh and spicy nose with wild herb aromas, blueberries and blackcurrants; lovely spice and freshness, on the palate with great persistence. Delicious with lots of life and verve. Super.
- 2016 Château La ChenadeLalande-de-Pomerol0,75l RedPrimeur€18.25 €15.08We always love this wine that is so well-made, approachable and enjoyable that it has become a great success for us. Made by the talented Denis Durantou of Eglise Clinet fame, from a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc. Medium bodied with sweet aromas of cherries, vanilla and spice, the wine is round and smooth with good lush fruit, ripeness and length. Delicious already.
- 2016 Château Puy-BlanquetSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0,75l RedPrimeur€18.60 €15.37A perennial favourite and still quite classic style that this year shows more ripeness and sweetness than in the past. It has a dark ruby colour, intense, pretty red fruit and smoky aromas with an expressive attack, good freshness and balance. Round tannins and a lively structure. Well-made.
- 2016 Château ClauzetSaint-Estèphe0,75l RedPrimeur€19.51 €16.12A fabulous success for this very consistent cru bourgeois owned by Belgian, Baron Velge who has lavished such care and attention on this estate. Everything that I look for in a wine of this class – fresh fruity flavours in the nose and palate, sweet red fruit ripeness, soft but present tannins, good use of oak, a juicy, fresh and long finish. This deserves a place in everyone’s cellar for medium term drinking.
- 2016 Château FonbelSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0,75l RedPrimeur€19.51 €16.12This “baby Ausone” made from a 16 hectare vineyard lower down the slopes from its big brother, is a blend of 76% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Carmenère and 7% Petit Verdot. Very attractive with very bright, crunchy red fruit character, lots of freshness and life and expressive aromas of blackberry and sweet cherries. Already drinking well now, this will be a great wine offering good value and medium term drinking.