View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 68
- MédocCru Bourgeois 1,5l RedPrimeur€0.00 €0.00An attractive Cru Bourgeois made in the north of the Médoc by the talented grandsons of Marc Pages. Bright dark violet colour, fresh, sweet and fruity on the nose with good blackcurrant flavour, firmly structured palate and a fresh, lively finish. Great value.
- 2017 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,375l RedPrimeur€6.86 €5.67Out of stockMade from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc with about half of the vineyard damaged by frost. Extremely juicy, fruity, cassis flavours in the nose; soft and ripe on the palate, very forward and sweet with attractive spice; round and soft, finish. Very attractive. Drink 2022-2028
- Francs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l WhitePrimeur€12.50 €10.33Purchased by Nicolas Thienpont in 1988, the estate produces a fine white wine which rivals better known Bordeaux. This year there is more Sauvignon in the wine than usual, with the blend being 20% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Sauvignon Gris and 50% Semillon. Pale lemon colour with ripe orchard fruit aromas, fresh and good spicy flavours with lots of acidity, lots of personality, wild flowers, grapefruit, apple blossom, oak ; pretty.
- 2017 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l RedPrimeur€12.50 €10.33Made from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc with about half of the vineyard damaged by frost. Extremely juicy, fruity, cassis flavours in the nose; soft and ripe on the palate, very forward and sweet with attractive spice; round and soft, finish. Very attractive. Drink 2022-2028
- 2016 Château de CarlesFronsac0,75l RedPrimeur€13.15 €10.87A lovely wine from Fronsac with good ambitions: Medium red colour; pleasant, fresh red fruit on the nose; attractive taste of spice, sweet, vanilla, liquorice, and ripe, plummy fruit. An attractive, round and generous wine with a good sweet long finish.
- 2016 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0,75l RedPrimeur€13.65 €11.28Purchased by Georges Thienpont in 1946 and home to his family of 13 children, Puygueraud is a testament to the Thienpont family who put the Côtes de Francs on the Bordeaux wine map. This is a really charming vintage with a dark crimson colour, fresh and spicy nose with wild herb aromas, blueberries and blackcurrants; lovely spice and freshness, on the palate with great persistence. Delicious with lots of life and verve. Super.
- 2017 Château La ChenadeLalande-de-Pomerol0,75l RedPrimeur€16.95 €14.01Only 800 cases were made this year so our allocation of this wine has been halfed as a result of the frost. Made from a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, the wine is deep purple crimson in colour, bright, fruity and plummy. It has black fruit flavours, a lifted, fresh texture, nice balance and weight, and slightly chewy tannins. Well-made. Drink 2023-2030
- 2016 Château Puy-BlanquetSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0,75l RedPrimeur€18.60 €15.37A perennial favourite and still quite classic style that this year shows more ripeness and sweetness than in the past. It has a dark ruby colour, intense, pretty red fruit and smoky aromas with an expressive attack, good freshness and balance. Round tannins and a lively structure. Well-made.
- 2016 Château ClauzetSaint-Estèphe0,75l RedPrimeur€19.51 €16.12A fabulous success for this very consistent cru bourgeois owned by Belgian, Baron Velge who has lavished such care and attention on this estate. Everything that I look for in a wine of this class – fresh fruity flavours in the nose and palate, sweet red fruit ripeness, soft but present tannins, good use of oak, a juicy, fresh and long finish. This deserves a place in everyone’s cellar for medium term drinking.