View as List Grid
Items 1-9 of 36
- Francs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.75l WhitePrimeur€12.35 €10.21For once the wine was not bottled at the time of the primeurs and will wait until mid-June as there is a great deal of richness here. Made from a blend of 63% Semillon, 21% Sauvignon Blanc and 16% Sauvignon Gris, it is the Semillon which really comes out here with lovely freshness, sweet, grapey flavours and notes of cinnamon, oatmeal and citrus. Creamy, soft and lively, with very good concentration and freshness, nice precision and an appetizingly salty finish.
- 2018 Château La PradeFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.75l RedPrimeur€12.85 €10.62Made from a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Franc, La Prade has a very dark, glossy colour, intense and ripe nose with fresh aromas of sloes, wild berries and spice. The freshness in this wine is very attractive and the taste is full of gorgeous fruit and spice. On the finish the wine is round, voluptuous and velvety, really gourmand with great freshness in the wines.
- 2018 Château PuygueraudFrancs, Côtes de Bordeaux0.75l RedPrimeur€13.50 €11.16Made from the usual blend of 85% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc and 3% Malbec, this is a very glossy and dark coloured wine with expressive aromas of blackberry and mulberry fruit, with a touch of sweet oak. On the palate there is lovely freshness, quite ripe and mature fruit, late harvested, ripe and rich, with attractive chocolate flavours in the long and spicy finish.
- 2018 Château FonbelSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0.75l RedPrimeur€18.69 €15.45What a great performer this wine is! Produced by the Vauthier family and lying on the opposite slope from their iconic Ausone, this year the blend for the wine is 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Carmenère. It has a dark purple colour, nice juiciness, with aromas of plums and fruit salad on the nose; on the attack it is pretty, composed and fresh with spicy black fruit, precision and lots of vivacity. There is a good zippy finish with nice purity and power. The quantity is down by 30% because of mildew. Drink 2022-2030
- 2018 Château Puy-BlanquetSaint-Émilion Grand Cru0.75l RedPrimeur€19.00 €15.70This well-situated estate on the top of the limestone plateau has made a very successful wine this year which could turn out to be one of the vintage’s best bargains. Made from 85%Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5%CS, the wine has a dark ruby colour; a pretty, fruity, grapey nose; nice tension and tangy freshness, silky on entry with good spice and a touch of sweetness. It is a well put together, attractive wine with lovely berry fruit expression and a soft, silky finish.
- 2018 Château CapbernSaint-Estèphe0.75l RedPrimeur€22.02 €18.20We are absolutely thrilled to have an allocation of this wine which I have coveted for a long time and the critics are unanimous that this is one of the most exciting wines from the appellation made by the super talented team at Château Calon Ségur. Made from a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, the wine is aged in 60% new oak. Bright, deep purple colour, nose of black fruit, minerals and spice. Texture is taut, fine and rich with a lovely vein of fresh acidity. Great precision here with the Cabernet fruit coming out in the palate with notes of cassis, tobacco and cedar. This is very vibrant and rich with good purity on the finish and I suspect that it will age well for quite some time. Limit: six bottles per customer.
- 2018 Château CouhinsPessac-Léognan0.75l RedPrimeur€22.70 €18.76Dark grapey colour, quite intense, lovely Cabernet fruit aromas in the nose. At the moment, the tannin is showing quite strongly but the wine has a very fresh and silky structure, nice spice and ripe berried fruit. Typical Pessac-Léognan at a reasonable price. Drink 2023-2028
- 2018 Château CouhinsPessac-Léognan0.75l WhitePrimeur€25.41 €21.00Made from a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Gris and some Sémillon grapes, this is more savoury and grapey than usual with floral notes, leafy flavours, structure and very crisp acidity. It is a very successful wine with lovely appetising, box tree and laurel flavours and lots of citrus fruit on the palate. It is grippy and long in the finish and really distinctive. Drink 2020-2027
- Saint-Estèphe0.75l RedPrimeur€27.95 €23.10The Marquis de Calon vineyard is in the process of being replanted with more Cabernet Sauvignon and you can see the increased precision and the quality of fruit in this wine which is a blend of 53% Merlot and 47% Cabernet Sauvignon from young vines planted between 2008 and 2012. This is a very successful second wine which is so pretty and juicy with bright berry flavours, elegance, freshness and length. It tastes so good now that one can only wonder what it will be like in a few years.